• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Austrialian video postage stamp

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Australia’s mail service has injected technology into the simple postage stamp — creating a “video stamp” to deliver a personal message that recipients can view on their mobile phone.

Innovative Austrialian video postage stamp delivers personal message recipients can view on their mobile phone | The Raw Story
This sounds really neat and just in time for Christmas. If you can't be with them you can send a video along with your present. If there was someone I couldn't be with on Christmas I would definitely do this. The message will only be stored for 90 days so I wouldn't wait too long to view it.

What do you think about this? Would you use it?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Why does it only store for 90 days? I'm the kind of person that likes to hold on to things for an eternity, knowing it had a 90 day expiration date would sort of bother me. Maybe 90 days is the longest time it's capable of storing the video.

Regardless, it's a cool idea and I wonder if it will pick up popularity.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The technology is still new, maybe in future versions they will be able to make ones that last longer.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I think it's pretty cool. If I had a smartphone then I'd use it.

I wonder how they came up with this idea in the first place?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I think it's a great idea and people will use it. I would use it, if I had a use for it. Problem though, with having smartphones, we can just make our own well-wishes videos on the phone and send it via text, whatsapp, e-mail, Facebook. Why exactly would I pay for the novelty of sending a message that will only last 90 days when I can do one for free and much less effort on my smartphone anyway?

Taliesin

Registered Member
I think it's a great idea and people will use it. I would use it, if I had a use for it. Problem though, with having smartphones, we can just make our own well-wishes videos on the phone and send it via text, whatsapp, e-mail, Facebook. Why exactly would I pay for the novelty of sending a message that will only last 90 days when I can do one for free and much less effort on my smartphone anyway?
Oh yeah... you're absolutely right! Don't I feel like a total dork for not thinking of that obvious drawback! Hm, I think I'd just stick to my smartphone then.