• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Australian killed by 3 American teens

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
3 Teens Charged After Australian Player Slain CBS Houston

I'm sure everyone has seen this. I wonder how if the Zimmerman false narrative played any part in this. If anyone listens to urban radio, the "main-stream-media", political organizations (NAACP), celebrities(Oprah), rappers, popular magazines(current issue of Ebony is "we are all Travon"), etc. they will get the following false narrative:
A white man saw a young black teen in his neighborhood and got pissed because he hated blacks. So he followed the fleeing black teen until he could ambush him. He then got out of the car, aimed and killed him. He then went to trial and was quickly acquitted by a white jury and white judge.
Florida Senate even promoted that narrative in their chambers:
Symbolic mural depicts George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin in the head

So, after hearing that narrative, and hearing that the teens in this crime followed the Australian and murdered him, I just can't help but think this killing was at least on some level revenge. Yes, the crime is wholly the fault of the teens. But there are a lot of people and groups that have blood on their hands because of this, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This and the Zimmerman case have nothing in common but I'm sure it will get compared like it does.

These three young men out of the blue decided to murder someone just because they were bored. I hope none of them ever get out of prison. There was talk of the death penalty wonder what happened to that. Would like to see at least the one that pulled the trigger get it.

I feel sorry for the family and friends of the victim. Such a senseless killing.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This has been all over our news here for days. I personally never thought it had anything to do with Zimmerman until I saw it mentioned in this thread. I don't think it's related. I feel really sorry for his family, I've seen them all interviewed on TV. I doubt anyone will get the death penalty since all offenders are under 18.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was just going to post a thread about this.

I don't think it has anything to do with Zimmerman but my questiona are where is the outrage? Where are the race baiters claiming "they're out to kill white people"? Where is Obama saying "if I had a son he would look like one of these killers"? These punks killed this guy "because they were bored" and there are reports one of the guys was laughing and joking around about it afterwards. This is by far a worse problem than some guy who was trying to prevent crime and shot a guy in self defense but if you listen to a lot of people Zimmerman is represents this "racial hatred in this country". The lack of logic in those arguments is mind boggling.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I personally never thought it had anything to do with Zimmerman until I saw it mentioned in this thread. I don't think it's related.
This.

One kid is black, one is a mulatto (half black, half white) and one is white... how exactly is this a parallel to the Trayvon Martin shooting? :disbelief:

As for the case itself, throw these guys in jail and let's see how much "fun" they can cook up behind bars with convicts. That's what I think should be done, instead of making this into some divisive racial/political issue when it clearly isn't.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm not comparing the cases. I'm just saying everywhere I look minorities are being told, We are all Trayvon Martin. Meaning that any of them could be at any time stalked and killed in cold blood by a white person. Give that message to a young, hopeless gang-banger and you get this attitude:

and this:

whatever that means?

I'm just saying a lot of groups stirred the pot with a lot of lies about the Zimmerman trail. Some of that anger plays into a gang-banger rolling up on a white man and killing him, imo.

dDave

V.I.P.
This has been all over our news here for days. I personally never thought it had anything to do with Zimmerman until I saw it mentioned in this thread. I don't think it's related. I feel really sorry for his family, I've seen them all interviewed on TV. I doubt anyone will get the death penalty since all offenders are under 18.
Yeah, because being under 18 makes you understand murder less. I hate how the law protects some of these people even though they were 100% aware of what they were doing.

I was just going to post a thread about this.

I don't think it has anything to do with Zimmerman but my questiona are where is the outrage? Where are the race baiters claiming "they're out to kill white people"? Where is Obama saying "if I had a son he would look like one of these killers"? These punks killed this guy "because they were bored" and there are reports one of the guys was laughing and joking around about it afterwards. This is by far a worse problem than some guy who was trying to prevent crime and shot a guy in self defense but if you listen to a lot of people Zimmerman is represents this "racial hatred in this country". The lack of logic in those arguments is mind boggling.
^This guy has a good head on his shoulders.

This.

One kid is black, one is a mulatto (half black, half white) and one is white... how exactly is this a parallel to the Trayvon Martin shooting? :disbelief:

As for the case itself, throw these guys in jail and let's see how much "fun" they can cook up behind bars with convicts. That's what I think should be done, instead of making this into some divisive racial/political issue when it clearly isn't.
Totally agreed. I think it's insane that so many cases like this just go straight to discussing racial issues when in reality it's not at all related.

I'm not comparing the cases. I'm just saying everywhere I look minorities are being told, We are all Trayvon Martin. Meaning that any of them could be at any time stalked and killed in cold blood by a white person. Give that message to a young, hopeless gang-banger and you get this attitude:

whatever that means?

I'm just saying a lot of groups stirred the pot with a lot of lies about the Zimmerman trail. Some of that anger plays into a gang-banger rolling up on a white man and killing him, imo.
Whenever you create enough division people will band together and many times when people group together you get some crazy ideas.

I definitely think that stirring the pot is wrong, especially when you're telling lies.