Australia Proves To Be No Match For Team U.S.A.

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

CNNSi.com - In the United States' first game of the second round, they dominated Australia by a final score of 113-73.

Carmelo Anthony scored 20 points, tied for the game's high along with Andrew Bogut.

The United States outscored Australia 18-1 during the first 7 minutes of the second quarter after leading by just four after the first quarter.

Shane Battier is proving to be Team U.S.A.'s most dangerous perimeter threat, as he scored 12 points, all from 3-point territory.

Next up for the Americans will be Germany.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...australia_proves_to_be_no_match_for_team_usa/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Hopefully the USA can keep up this pace, this is just another blow out to add to their stat book, Shane Battier deadly from three thats exactly what they need him for to contribute here and there with points and plays to keep the teams morale up.

3. Babe_Ruth

Their next opponent will be the Germans, this should be a though match up, look for Dirk Nowitzky to be on top of is game, because he is playing against the Americans, but if the Americans keep playing like they have been doing they should win this game, and move on to the Semi Finals.

4. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

well they got lucky, they dont have to play the best two teams until the finals. germany isnt very good they should win this easily if they play good

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Who are the two best teams your talkin' about?

6. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

spain and argentina, they will only have to play one of them and it would be in the finals

7. Babe_Ruth

I don't think that the Americans are afraid of no one, they have confidence that they can defeat anyone in the World. The Aussies where trash talking the Americans before the game, and the Americans did as well, but they did their trash talking on the court when they killed the Aussies, by over 30 points.