• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

audio transmitter

curious_student

I'm a first year engineering student and for a project I'm looking to make a relatively low cost and simple device to either send out a contained audio file or a certain "code" to play an audio file contained in a separate device. I have little experience with this type of thing and I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the simplest way, or any way really, that this can be achieved and possibly where the best place to find the necessary parts would be. The audio files would be very small and if there is a simple, cheap and small way to include a proximity sensor to know when to send out the file instead of constantly sending, then that would be awesome.

I look forward to all of your ideas and thank you so much in advance!

-GG