Auction Snipeing 101

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Nightsurfer, May 9, 2005.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all. Are you an auction sniper? What is your best trick? Me well I'm a master sniper. I pick off auctions in the last 3 seconds. If you want to hone your sniper skills don't bid on the auction until it gets into the last hour and thirty min. Then bid once (only to test the waters and see what other eBayers max bid is)

This works every time.. :cool: Good example I sniped 15 auctions total cost $45.00 to me. Retail or eBay $2,100.00 the less you spend the more you make.

So fellow snipers share your tricks. Or stories.

Catch ya latter...................... :warp:

2. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I always win an auction with just seconds to go, but I never bid on them even in the last hour. To me that is just pushing the bid up. I just wait and watch and can figure out where everyone is. I have never lost an auction this way yet. A funny story though,,,, My Mother was new to Ebay and was trying to win an auction so I was trying to teach her how to snipe it. I was sitting here watching the auction and her and this other person had gone back and forth on it for some time so it was then that I told her to stop and snipe it. I hadn't known what she was doing till she told me or I'm sure I could have gotten it for her for much less LOL anyway....I was sitting here watching and had told her when to start her bid process when with 15 seconds left I seen her name pop up! I was horrified! my head hit the screen then with 7 seconds left this other guy comes up and I went in there and sniped it from both of them LOL she was all upset cuz she thought she lost it then she called me and said thank you when she realised it was my name that won.. but what made it so funny was I got an email from the guy that I sniped it from. he was so mad. And rightly so, to him I came out of the clear blue sky and sniped the auction when he thought he only had my mother's competition LOL I emailed him back and said....hey sorry but nobody snipes an auction from my mother! hahahaha

of all the auction's I sniped that one was at least the most fun I had doing it!

: )

3. precision

precision Registered Member

I have a sniper program, but I haven't used it in a long time, ebay changed stuff nearly daily and I got tired of updateing the software

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I never test the waters. I usually just jump in with my high bid at the last second. I place one bid with about 8 seconds, and have another window open with a bid entered just in case. :D

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I had the sniper programs but they are a pain to up keep. So thats why I started to work on difrent snipeing tactics. Ebay has sevral anti-snipe programs in place to keep it fair. (boohoo!!) :(
    I love to snipe. :lol: Can't think of any better way to get your stuff cheap.
    Hey Andrew I like your style. You can snipe with me any day .
    Keep the feed back comeing.

Catch ya latter........................ :warp:

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  6. precision

precision Registered Member

I hadn't thought about keeping two windows open, thats a pretty good idea.

7. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I do the same...two windows and I wait till about the last 10 seconds...i love having Cable...I tell ya when I was on AOL that sucked.....I seen a posting not to long ago about a person that was mad about the last second snipers....I didn't respond, because that is me....I love the thrill of the last few second...I don't always win...but ohhhhhhhhh I love it!!!
    ~Trina~

8. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

I think it is cool to snipe. I will use the second window thingie open

9. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Hey I never thought of useing a second window either! That is pretty smart!

10. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

That's what I do too! lol
    I've only lost a couple of things I have bid on but only because I changed my mind about wanting the items or thought they were shady :)