Auction revenge on a bad seller?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by fairyquadmother, May 16, 2005.

1. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

OK, if you followed my "Argh, idiots!" thread, you know that I got a taste of a bad seller.

I was figuring my kid just got screwed, but as I thought about it, I'm like, why not make this into a fun auction to get back at the big jerk!

I'm thinking of running an auction for the laptop and the case seperately (to sell for parts or whatever) and tell the story of what happened, and how heartbroken my son was. I'll tell how I want to PROVE that not all ebay transactions SUCK to my 10 year old, and that there are kind good ppl out there.

Think I could get in trouble for "flaming" this other user? I won't use his name, or link to the auction, but it won't take much work for someone to find that user.

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I don't think you would get in trouble as long as you don't use his name.

3. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

not a bad idea... someone will want it for parts if it really doesn't work that well.. just make sure to also try the computer and the weird eBay section...

4. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

ok..the ebay boot... now this? I love to see you all take out you frustrations like this... maybe people, and ebay, will think twice if more and more people start doing these things!

5. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

I think it's a great idea! :lol:

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

OK thanks all!! I'll post it tomorrow while he's at school, he'll be so excited. I'd love to see him at least get part of his $$ back. He only paid $20 (with shipping) but that's almost a month's worth of delivering newspapers (weekly) for a small 10 year old!!!

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

WOW, thats not a bad idea at all, I think that you WILL get back at him even if you dont use his name, because people who want to know will look at your recent feedback and find out the name of the seller anyhow. JUST DONT USE HIS NAME!!

just tell the story on how it happened, people will find out with there own investagating!!

8. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

Good. Let us know when it's up. :D

9. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Oh yeah I LOVE THIS!!! Because it is people like that, that make it hard on us good people who are selling on ebay!!! GO GET EM'!!!!!

10. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

I like to check the feedback of sellers before I place a bid, so if this guy placed feedback at all, people will be able to check your feedback page and find out where it came from :hah: You wont have to mention him at all, eBay does it for us :D