• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

:( Auction Not Doing Well....

OneBriteLady

Registered Member
Ok.. I relisted the girls auction but it really isn't getting the hits that it was last week. I changed the category to "Kids Crafts" this time around. I also modified the auction with a short explanation at the top for those that didn't want to read our whole sob story. Did I do something wrong that we are not getting hits or bids this time??? The girls are so down that only one bidder has bid (other than my ex who is trying to get on my good side). Any ideas... or do you think trying this is a waste of time and I should find something else?

Annie

MOD EDIT

Please do not post links to auctions in this level, Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I'm sorry to hear that this time around it is not doing so well : / I hope it will pick up for them. Unfortunately alot of auctions that go a second time don't see to do as well, and I am not sure why. the extra pics that you added are awesome! I think these girls are doing really wonderful . don't get to discouraged sometimes it even takes two or three times to really take off with something as well.

regardless of what happens they should know that they are doing some really great things to help out!

Julie

Registered Member
Running an auction the 2nd time around never does as well...that's exactly right. I don't know why it is either. I sometimes have NPB so I'll have to re-list the item & it never fails that the item always sells for less or gets no bids at all. Sorry to hear this is happening with yours.

Nanner

Registered Member
OneBriteLady said:
Ok.. I relisted the girls auction but it really isn't getting the hits that it was last week. I changed the category to "Kids Crafts" this time around. I also modified the auction with a short explanation at the top for those that didn't want to read our whole sob story. Did I do something wrong that we are not getting hits or bids this time??? The girls are so down that only one bidder has bid (other than my ex who is trying to get on my good side). Any ideas... or do you think trying this is a waste of time and I should find something else?

Annie
Yeah but it was a really great bidder! :D

Really sorry that you aren't getting more traffic! I feel for your little girls :(

As for finding something else? If you can come up with an idea....hey give it a shot. Waste of time? Only if it really bothers the girls....otherwise I'd say no because they are feeling like they are helping.

Can't answer your other questions as NONE of my auctions do well.............

Hey guys....do you all think a different catagory would work better?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Nanner said:
well I didn't notice what catagory it was in till now. That is a good point too maybe a different catagory or a couple of catagories would work

caringlady2

Registered Member
I am having the same problem with the quilt my sons made...I relisted it today telling their part in making it and I will relist it until they are not disappointed.

OneBriteLady

Registered Member
Nanner said:
Yeah but it was a really great bidder! :D

Really sorry that you aren't getting more traffic! I feel for your little girls :(

As for finding something else? If you can come up with an idea....hey give it a shot. Waste of time? Only if it really bothers the girls....otherwise I'd say no because they are feeling like they are helping.

Can't answer your other questions as NONE of my auctions do well.............

Nanner.. Yes an awesome bidder ;) And the bidder is getting the cutest one too! :D

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I am sorry it hasn't done as well as you would liked! It is SO hard to try and earn honest money on Ebay. Will you try to list again?

OneBriteLady

Registered Member
I think that I will.. only because even when they girls get one more sale they get so excited. They are going to sell some other things too.. but this was just so clever of them I thought it would do better. We also just listed our 1st Mystery Auction where the winning bidder chooses the mystery of what Service project we pick next. Kind of a twist on it... we'll see how that goes. If not, I am think I am going to get rid of all my jewelry. I just can not fathom being under these medical bills anymore. I want out and I just feel like eBay is going to be the answer once I can find my nitch.. lol.. I am sure everyone feels that way.

TwilightDawn

~Bus Driver's Pet~
Night has the same problem sometimes...I'll tell you what I tell him when it happens..."Keep trying the more exposure you get the more bidds you will get too. You can't just let one site know what you are doing you have to let ALL of them know!" He usually does't listen but that happens after 10 years. Good Luck on your auction I know we will be watching and I'll let several people know at work what you are doing as well.