• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Auction life is slow

dize

Registered Member
Sold for a little bit, they buyers have slowed down. I wonder why:-/

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

It just depends on what you are selling. Some things like comics are selling like hotcalkes right now, and so are movie props. :nod:

The days of the crazy and strange auctions are almost over.
Thank the gods! :lol:
The days of prank and shill bidding has almost ended too..:nod:

Now if eBay and paypal would lower their fees things will pick back up.

I've been having good luck so far with buying and selling..But then again I buy and sell comics and movie stuff..

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, crazy and strange auctions have bit the dust. eBay has returned to legitimate auctioning once again. :D

Can't say I don't have a certain appreciation for crazy or strange auctions but it did get very annoying with everybody doing something crazy for a while. Some were pretty funny but others were pointless.

AuctionBen

The fees are discouraging a lot of people! I am finding jewelry move really well.

mekrusty

Registered Member
Jewellery

The fees are discouraging a lot of people! I am finding jewelry move really well.
I love the sellers from Hong Kong and China with the Jewellery.The advertising they use is very slick.I bought (as a test)a very nice chunky gold men's necklace for like $1.99AUD postage $22.95AUD.Looks nice but not real gold as said,but i knew that anyway.

I just love the feedback this guy got,mostly negative from people complaining it wasn't real gold.What do they expect some one is gunna sell them 24oz of gold for $2.00 when gold is around $800 per oz

jon79

the economy is slowing down as a whole...I think we need to take that into consideration. I don't think the fee increases have affected buying activity...maybe selling...but I'm not even sure about that