• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Auction idea for the talented

Nanner

Registered Member
painters in the group. I know at one time we were talking about boutique type clothes (origionals) for little kids but that involved sewing. This would be a great idea to make for those of you who can paint well! (and it's not even ugly :D) Just go to Old Navy/Gap Kids or even Walmart and buy something. Get out your paints.....and tada.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boutique-Studio...4766042150QQcategoryZ3068QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is something I'd consider buying....IF it wasn't over 100 bucks!

Last edited:

wolvergambit

Registered Member
That is really nice Nanner.
I could probably paint something similar, but it would be time consuming, so I don't think $100 is too much for it.
She has done very nice detail in it.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Right I have painted overalls and shoes for my daughter and I make her hair bows myself too. That is the whole thing it is soooo time consuming that I wouldn't even want to make them to sell. lol it just takes to long. Even for

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
LOL okey so that got all messed up.....Anyway what I was saying was....I can understand how they can get that kind of money cuz I have put that kind of effort and time into it, but to me it would not be worth it unless I could whip them out in a weeks time hehehe

Nanner

Registered Member
Oh I agree....100 isn't too much for the obvious time and detail (plus the cost of the clothes). Just that I've been known to pay wayyy to much for my kid clothes but I don't think even I've come close to the 100 mark......yet :D There does seem to be a nice market for this price range on eBay though. The jeans she has listed are very tempting! Ahhh but they grow out of them so fast :(

For someone who has the time and the talent this would be a great nitch to get into!

Hmmm maybe I could start a line of "Made for you by Olivia" (my daughter) Contemporary art denim :lol:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I know they do grow out of them way to fast : /

You might be on to something there that could sell! hehehehe