• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Auction House

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Does anyone know anything about auction houses for getting collective items? Where do you look for them? Are they at certain times?Do you they last a specific length of time?

Sian

Registered Member
I think most average collectibles get sold on eBay now; maybe the really rare and valuable things like fine art go through the auction houses like Cristie's..

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sometimes you find collectables at regular auction houses but not often. Its really hit and miss, have to go often. Too many of them anymore want to auction off new Chinese made stuff which caused me to stop going. Really old stuff, before 1930's, not likely.

Impaired

Registered Member
Estate sales are a better bet than auction houses. That said, it is a lot of fun going to an auction.