• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Auburn vs Oregon: National Championship

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

I decided to make this into it's own thread since technically it's the biggest game of the year. I want to try and get some good discussion going on before, during, and after the game. Who do you see winning this game?

Both teams are talented, and showed in during the regular season. Cam Newton had a rediculous year. Personally I see the Tigers winning this game. Newton will continue to impress and improve his NFL stock. I think a lot of points will be scored since these two teams are high scoring teams. The final score will be 44-31 Auburn.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm looking forward to this game, but honestly I kind of expect to be let down. I'm rooting for Oregon, but I can see Auburn blowing them out. I'm just hoping it's a close game. I don't think there will be much punting. I know everyone loves offense, but I prefer seeing good defensive battles where the offenses have to work for points.

BigBob

Registered Member
I feel better about Oregon's defense then I do about Auburn's, but I do expect it to be a tighter second half. If Cam Newton runs for more then 150 yards, they'll win.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Not a very well-played game in the first half. Three turnovers early on. Oregon's offense is shooting themselves in the foot by leaving guys unblocked. Are you really going to forget to block Nick Fairley? Auburn's last score was a total busted coverage. Let's see some football, please. I don't feel like these teams are much better, if at all, than TCU, Stanford, Wisconsin, or Ohio State. TCU should definitely have a chance to play the winner.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was a close game between two talented teams that didn't really play their best football or come close to it. There certainly was nothing in this game to suggest that both clubs would have been the finalists in a playoff due to their superiority to the other teams in college football.

i don't think that's true. I think that these two teams are amazing offensively so it had to come down to a defensive game. The ducks tried to rush the tigers defense with their no-huddle but where they had been able to rely on L. James the whole year they couldn't because Fairley was all over that.

I knew this would be an extremely low scoring game but what got me was how many turnovers there were and where the points game from. all in all it was a pretty good game played by both teams but honestly if the 37 yard rush at 40 seconds hadn't happened that way, the game would have gone to overtime and Oregon would have won.