Attractive voices?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I found this an interesting read..

ABC News: Does Your Voice Signal Your Desirability?

Have you ever met an attractive person and been turned off by the sound of their voice? I have. There's something unappealing about a guy with a high pitched voice.
    Shallow? Maybe, but I can't imagine listening to a voice that irks me for the rest of my life.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Why is it shallow to have a physical preference?

I know what they mean though. Take Gary Busey for instance. He's got one of the most grinding voices in the world. Does that mean he's a cancerous bomb or something?

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Because I'd like to think I'm able to look beyond appearance and see what truly matters, and I can for the most part. A voice is different to me though, certain tones and pitches get on my nerves in such a way that my head actually hurts from it.
    My co-worker has a manly sounding voice from smoking so much, and her voice rubs me the wrong way.

4. Merc

Exactly, so what's so wrong with having a preference? It's not a decision maker, just a preference.

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I've never been turned off from someone I found attractive, but there are def people I've run into that start talking and I just want to cut my ears out because their voice bothers me.

Others aren't as bad and are just slightly irritating. Most people I have no problems with their voices though.

Oh also, I could never be with one of the people that have an irritating voice to me, maybe I'd eventually get used to it, but just the thought of possibly dreading everytime they say something would be a turn off.

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I've always had a thing about voices, if a girls voice grates on me it's a deal breaker. I don't think it's shallow at all because I like girls that I can have meaningfull conversations with and the voice is integral to that. It does have to be an extremely annoying voice to effect my decision though.

7. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

Just curious.....what does the "truly matters" list consist of?

It would have to be an extreme voice. I wouldn't date a girl if she had a deeper voice than me, like Angel's co-worker. I can hear that voice now, a cross between Clint Eastwood and Agnus (Seymour Skinner's mother):shake:

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

The true essence of the person. Who they are inside, not what they appear to be from the outside. I've come to realize that this is what's truly important in a relationship. The only problem is that I can't get beyond every non-fixable quirk in a person. In this case, the voice.

A few people on the forum have heard her voice and can confirm how truly awful it is.

9. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

This is perfect timing!!! Hah, so great. Anyway one of my best buds (wyldesykosis for you FCers) is dating this girl right now that, no joke, sounds like minnie mouse. It's the most annoying thing in the world, like she's not that attractive, but then she talks and you want to kill somebody. It's bad, I don't know how he stands it.

Personally, a voice is pretty big. Attractive voices do a lot for me, I'm not sure why. If the girl is decent looking, but has a "sexy" voice, I'll be over there quicker than an ethiopian at a chipotle burrito all you can eat buffet.
    ------
    Oh and Angels, why shouldn't looks be apart of who they are? Nine times out of ten a person's attitude and personality is affected by their looks. Whether we want to admit it or not, our looks and the looks of others play an important role in our interactions. He may be the nicest man in the world, but if you're wakin' up next to Freddy Krugar everyday, you're not going to be happy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  10. Merc

Dude, where is that kid? Tell him to get the fuck back here.

Yeah, same here. I knew a girl at college that had this terribly squeak, skin-raping sound to her voice that was simply unbearable.