• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Attn: Facebook Users

Impact

V.I.P.
As usual with all the latest facebook changes, they decided to screw with our settings. Not privacy ones this time, but the ones that affect what we see on our wall. Default setting has now gone to only show people you have interacted with recently. Anyway, i'll copy paste from the facebook group how to change it back to see everyone...

Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people lately? Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and every……one ...else seems to be ignoring you?

Don’t worry, everyone still loves you and nobody has intentionally blocked you. The problem is that a large chunk of your friend/fan list can’t see anything you post and here’s why:

The “New Facebook” has a newsfeed setting that by default is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you’ve recently interacted with or interacted the most with (which would be limited to the couple of weeks just before people started switching to the new profile). So in other words, for both business and personal pages, unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within those few weeks or vice versa – you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!

HERE’S THE FIX: Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed on the homepage and click on “Edit Options”, click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All Of Your Friends and Pages” Note: This is the fix for personal pages but I am unsure of whether or not the business pages are set up the same way.

Simply posting an update about it won’t do any good because lots of your friends/fans already can’t see your posts by default. You’ll either have to send out a message to everyone on your list (which I’m not even sure business pages can do and is a rather tedious method) or post an event explaining the situation like this one and invite your entire fan base and/or friend list. You can also tweet about it hoping that most of your fellow facebookers are also on twitter.

Shame on facebook for altering the default setting and not telling people and business pages about it! Just think about how many companies posted Christmas sales and discounts without having any idea that their customers couldn’t see the updates.

Be sure to invite your friends and leave a note on the invitation for them to do the same. Otherwise, they will not see it either.

RATTIE

Registered Member
It doesn't work!
The more I scroll on FB the more it extends the page without warning. :eek:(

Impact

V.I.P.
It doesn't work!
It takes a little while to scroll to the bottom. I think mine refreshed itself about 3 or 4 times before I finally reached that stage. It is there :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. I went in & changed it.... and while I was in there, I took a few people off "hide". Haha.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
It doesn't work!
Keep pressing the "End" key. At some point of time, it will not load any more posts.

Thanks for the tip. I'm spreading it though my status. Why does FB keep fucking us without our knowledge?

Here is another tip.

You can now enable HTTPS Facebook by default in your account settings. This means I can no longer hack your FB when you use unprotected hotspots.

Under Application privacy settings, look for information accessible through your friends. Uncheck everything.

Uncheck that little bastard setting called Instant Personalisation where your fb can be seen on some partner website by your friends.

My best advice to all of you is to see click every link under privacy to see what is going on. FB always adds something sneakily to your account and by default allows information to be visible.

Dabs

Registered Member
Facebook is known as Fuckbook to me. It seems to fuck up my world.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting this. It's pretty lame that Facebook would make that the default option.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thanks for posting, I had no idea.

I fixed it and posted a little something for my friends...

....at least the ones that can see me with the default options on.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Doesn't change much for me because I hid a lot of contacts I don't interact with much anyway. :lol:

Wade8813

Registered Member
So wait - if I happen to not interact with a FB friend for a little while, it's somehow a good idea to make it even LESS likely that I'll interact with them?

And why would they make this a default, and why NOT TELL PEOPLE?!?!?

I thought FB was getting better about this stuff - they had some things recently where they let you select how you wanted to handle it, and they told everyone about it.