• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Attention Women:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If you think that you are ugly, unattractive, stupid, useless, dumb, mean, rude, fat, or any other negative trait, then you are in the eyes of those you want attention from.

I post this because it's a major, major pet peeve- you know what? It's not a pet peeve, it's a "major psychotic fuckin' hatred" (George Carlin) because nothing is more unappealing and dick numbing than a girl who has no confidence in herself. Fuck what people say about you, be proud of yourself and feel good. Don't sit around and talk about how much you fail at life, how ugly you are, how much your feet smell, etc.

However, nothing is more attractive and exciting than a girl who takes pride in herself and is confident in her endeavors. I know it works the same way with girls looking for guys.

If you speak nothing but negative of yourself, you become a negative yourself.

Plain and simple.

Please GF guys, tell me you agree!

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
I feel like it's me being yelled at because I'm so freakin' guilty of this. It's such a useless self-destructive habit. And it's the worst thing on earth to know you're guilty of it and have such a hard time not being self-deprecating. Meh. I think from now on when I think about downing myself I'll think of my old friend Molly who I cannot stand for the very reason that she is so goddamn self-deprecating. Then I'll giggle to myself and say "Least I'm ten times better than her. :)

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Of course all the guys are going to agree with you and a good portion of the girls are going to disagree. It's hard to see oneself as highly attractive when society as a whole has an unrealistic portrayal of what beauty is. Take me for example. I am tired of being called cute. I don't want to look cute I want to look sexy dammit. On a side note I am also tired of hearing guys go on and on about how hot they think such and such a person is when I'm standing right freaking there. Girls are generally more sensitive than guys. So while I appreciate the sentiment stop trying to change us woman and start making a vast portion of males realize this as well.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Huh, it appears I WAS getting yelled at here. :/ OH well. I agree and disagree with you Barbara. I'm so happy when I'm even mentioned in someway or another because for so long I had "Wallpaper Syndrome." Around 8th grade I started to care so much what everyone thought and it was around that same time that I started to realize not even my friends really noticed I was there half the time. First of all those friends weren't even really friends to me. Second of all, I pushed away the people who DID notice me because the "wrong" people were noticing. So that's why when high school rolled around I quit caring about what everyone thought. Which is part of why I'm more self-critical now. I'm my own worst critic. :/

I guess when I'm mentioned at all now I'm surprised so I'm thrilled to be called cute. Which is stupid because it's more and more often lately and it should boost my ego through the roof but I'm still annoyingly down on myself sometimes. So this is why I agree with Cons. Which is not good because that's me being down on myself again.

^^^ These rants are what make it difficult to NOT be down on myself sometimes :/ Heh...heh...

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I agree. I can be guilty of doing it, but usually only to my girlfriends and I use that complaining as inspiration to change whatever it is that might bug me about myself. That or it isn't even complaining as much as just stating a fact and getting a laugh from it.

A lot of girls do it to seek attention and approval or to hear "you aren't ugly/fat/etc.", but don't realize that a guy might be looking at your thinking "Wow, she is gorgeous.." and then here she comes along saying she isn't because her nose is too big and her eyes to close together. That just gives people a reason to judge you. If you are that self-conscious about it, you aren't going to draw attention to it.

It is sad that so many girls don't have the confidence to just be proud of who they are.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I see where you are coming from with the whole thrilled to be called cute thing. I use to be a lot like you. I called it my awkward phase where the boys failed to notice me at all because in high school I was not the model of perfection that every guy wants to be associated with. It took a bit before I came out of my shell and actually started dressing like a lady. That's when the whole cute thing started to surface. It was all fine and dandy for a while and made me feel really good but now I am at the point of craving something more.

While it's not a good thing to be a Debbie Downer I know from first hand experience that it is immensely hard to change the way you were wired to believe. Actions speak louder than words and the boys' actions in high school were enough to scar me for a long time.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I feel like it's me being yelled at because I'm so freakin' guilty of this. It's such a useless self-destructive habit. And it's the worst thing on earth to know you're guilty of it and have such a hard time not being self-deprecating. Meh. I think from now on when I think about downing myself I'll think of my old friend Molly who I cannot stand for the very reason that she is so goddamn self-deprecating. Then I'll giggle to myself and say "Least I'm ten times better than her. :)
Of course I had you in mind :p

It just irks me to see someone so artistic and not as bad looking as she thinks to constantly put herself down, that's all.

Of course all the guys are going to agree with you and a good portion of the girls are going to disagree. It's hard to see oneself as highly attractive when society as a whole has an unrealistic portrayal of what beauty is. Take me for example. I am tired of being called cute. I don't want to look cute I want to look sexy dammit. On a side note I am also tired of hearing guys go on and on about how hot they think such and such a person is when I'm standing right freaking there. Girls are generally more sensitive than guys. So while I appreciate the sentiment stop trying to change us woman and start making a vast portion of males realize this as well.
Perhaps you should look for the guys that call you cute, they're probably the gentleman. If I didn't have a girlfriend, I would call you sexy but there is one woman in my life, I'm not Hugh Hefner :lol:

Women and men try to change one another. If we really got into it, I'd bet you that it's more often women that try and change men.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Speaking of how amazingly creative I am, you should go look at my new AWESOME duct tape work in my duct tape gallery under arts and crafts...

See? See?!? I'm not ALWAYS self deprecating! :D Proofs!

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Perhaps you should look for the guys that call you cute, they're probably the gentleman. If I didn't have a girlfriend, I would call you sexy but there is one woman in my life, I'm not Hugh Hefner :lol:

Women and men try to change one another. If we really got into it, I'd bet you that it's more often women that try and change men.
That's a shame. I always wanted to live in a big mansion and be loaded in cash.

Breaking down stereotypes held by the opposite sex is to tough of a thing to do. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus comes to mind and I think that holds true in this case. Men want women to change into something more physically appealing whereas a women wants her man to change into something more mentally appealing.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Actually I don't think it has anything to do with being attractive. As far as I'm concerned it's as much to do with personality and attitude. If you're a bitch to me then I'm not going to be attracted to you no matter how good looking you are. You may be physically appealing but that's only half of the attraction for me. And on the flip side, I've found plenty of people attractive because of their personality before their looks.

Confidence is a good thing but it's not all important.

Status
Not open for further replies.