• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Attention Women 2: Calling Attention

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kibi's thread made me remember a humorous event in my late high school years. A friend of mine was walking behind a group of girls on his way to class and as he's walking he notices the girl in front of him is wearing a pair of sweat pants with a huge glitter word on the across the ass. He couldn't help but stare for a moment and attempt to read the word because he's like any other human, shiny things get his attention. In a random act of chance, a girl next to the girl in front of him turns around and sees him and reacts quite loudly.

"Ugh, Liz there's some kid staring at your ass again," she says.

The glitter-bottomed girl, Liz, turns and stares at him as well and gives a disgusted look. My buddy is beat red in the face with embarrassment (he's just as much a guy as any other but more of a subtle man like myself when it comes to women, he's not the kind of 'popular guy' type to grab his dick and profess his love for them). It may also help to point out that he hated that girl and had gone on record to say that she was a 4 in his book at best. Basically, no he does not like her he's simply got a short attention span and sparkly things are prime targets for such people. For the rest of the year, he was talked about and made fun of for being a pervert because he stared at some girl's ass.

Anyways, it's something that has bugged me here and there (mainly when situations like this happen with awkward glances). In no way does having glitter words on your ass mean you deserved to be gawked endlessly at but it does mean that people are going to stare and that you're asking for it. However, we all know that guys and girls do all sorts of things like this to call attention for a reason. Guys wear tight shirts to call attention to muscles, girls wear low cut tops, etc. I like to refer to it as "peacocking" (since the peacock is a bird famous for its flashy displays to attract mates). I don't care if you do it, but it bugs me when people get pissed when it works really well.

What have you done to "peacock" in the past? Have you found yourself offended like 'Liz' this in this story? Have you changed since your "peacock" times?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
you get whatever you want!
i'm sure if Liz read this, she'd laugh at herself.
i've found myself offended when i [sometimes] used to wear mini-skirts when i was a teen...and every boy out there [especially perverts] would stare at me and i'd wonder why.
i was too stupid to realize that i've been asking for it, unconsciously.

so stop blaming the others if you give them a reason make you feel offended.

viLky

ykLiv
The glitter-bottomed girl, Liz, turns and stares at him as well and gives a disgusted look. My buddy is beat red in the face with embarrassment (he's just as much a guy as any other but more of a subtle man like myself when it comes to women, he's not the kind of 'popular guy' type to grab his dick and profess his love for them). It may also help to point out that he hated that girl and had gone on record to say that she was a 4 in his book at best. Basically, no he does not like her he's simply got a short attention span and sparkly things are prime targets for such people. For the rest of the year, he was talked about and made fun of for being a pervert because he stared at some girl's ass.
This is why I would love, love, love to go back in time to "fix" some of these events. Let's assume I was your friend, I would have done the same thing and gotten made fun of for the rest of the year. However, if I went back into the past and did it over it would have went something like:

~ The glitter-bottomed girl, Liz, turns and stares at him as well and gives a disgusted look. ~

Me: I've seen better... and smaller.

~ The glitter-bottomed girl, Liz, turns and stares at him as well and gives a disgusted look. ~

Me: Don't look at me like that. It's not my fault your ass is as big a beach bench that it catches my attention.

And so-on. Too bad I'm not a quick thinking and would have ended up being embarrassed. hehe

This whole thread reminds me of women in general. They wear outfits such as a short top, and when men look at their breast they get appalled. WHAT!? Why? You wear a short top where it flashes some side-boob and you get mad when you get attention? Hmm... Actually, I think I figured it out, women want to look sexy, want attention from certain people, but don't want everybody else to look at them. Sorry, but that isn't going to happen.

As for ME, I don't do any peacocking. I try to get as little attention on me as possible.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
You all know i like to keep well covered up in public; but on like...two or three occasions i have gone out wearing something i consider 'sexy' not 'slutty', but it was to get a guys attention.

Unfortunately, i dunno if it's really a bad thing or not, it might have attracted Jack to me XD

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
And like I said, it's animal nature to "attract mates" so it's not like I'm calling it a bad thing, I just hate it when people do it and then get pissed when it works.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Here's my take on it. From personal experience as well as observing.

Yes, women dress a certain way, to get certain attention. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that some beautiful woman showing off her midriff or wearing short shorts, wants those assets noticed. Why a 300lb woman does the same thing still remains a mystery to me.
Now, once the woman gets said attention, she will make a quick decision about the guy who is looking her over. If he's not her type, she's going to act offended in order to keep from talking to the nerdy little creep.
If he is someone she's interested in, I can pretty much guarantee she's not going to do more than smile and give what she considers to be a clever comment in response to his staring.

It's just how the game is played.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was in a Macro-Economics Class roughly 2 years ago and I vividly recall these Barbiegirl types that used to sit behind me. They were avid-Peacockers..

In fact it was so disgustingly obvious you could smell it. I'm not talking pheromones... I'm talking them wearing so much Make-up and perfume and whatever else it is they're douching with... you could smell it when they walked in the room. And I don't know 'bout any of you guys out there...but the smell of Caked on Foundation does not have a pleasant smell to me. That mixed with all the perfume resonated somewhere along the lines of Laundry Detergent and Play Dough.

But the same thing happened to me, when I smell something weird... I wanna see where it came from. So it happened more then once I'd get a whiff of that Spackle Faced Broad as she sat down behind me. So I'd turn around with what I'm assuming was a genuine face of disgust because they'd always glare back at me as I tried to pretend it wasnt them I was sniffing out. Typically these girls were overcompensating for lord knows what and I seriously pity whatever guy they ended up hooking with that painted on face routine.

As far as I've done peacocking... I used to wear Wranglers that complimented my ass pretty good. That was always my strong suit in High School. In fact I won "best body" award at my campus simply because I had the best ass and knew how to rock a pair of Cowboy Cut Wranglers.

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I'm guilty of staring at asses. Not just "peacocked" ones either. But i have yet to be caught in the act, I've been staring at ass a LONG time. HAHAHA

If anyone knows anything about me they would surely know I do not peacock nor do I care for peacocking. I see it as a huge inconvenience when such time to look good could be used for other things in the morning (like sleeping).

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I am known to occasionally wear a low-cut top or a dress that shows off my curves, but like Pugz said, I like to keep it sexy, not slutty. If I go out wearing a low cut top I expect my boobs will probably get stared at, so If I ever wore a billboard on my ass, I would at least expect it to be read and possibly stared at.

Why get angry? Girl who wear such things as low cut tops know they are going to get attention for it, so if it disgusts you so badly, don't wear it. Don't set up some poor innocent guy to be made to feel like a perv because you put your goodies on display.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I am known to occasionally wear a low-cut top or a dress that shows off my curves, but like Pugz said, I like to keep it sexy, not slutty. If I go out wearing a low cut top I expect my boobs will probably get stared at, so If I ever wore a billboard on my ass, I would at least expect it to be read and possibly stared at.

Why get angry? Girl who wear such things as low cut tops know they are going to get attention for it, so if it disgusts you so badly, don't wear it. Don't set up some poor innocent guy to be made to feel like a perv because you put your goodies on display.
See, this is what I have always wondered. I keep thinking there is no way in hell a woman showing cleavage and say bending over a little HAS to be doing it on purpose, there's no way she's doing it and isn't conscious that everything is showing, right? I mean, I've always thought, is she seriously showing me everything and looking away or does she not know what she is showing me and doesn't realize it? I've always thought there's no way when a woman does that she's doing it innocently but you never know...know what I mean?:p