Attention Pregnant Gun Owners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Just wanted to share a tip I heard today that made a lot of sense. Don't go to the shooting range if you are pregnant. Your baby could get hearing damage since there's no way to muffle the sound for them.

I had never thought about that before. Thought I'd share.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

I think this just falls under the category of "common sense" or "things Americans no longer have".

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, it's not something that you would automatically think about. I mean, I heard it and it made perfect sense but I might not have thought about that just going about my life.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

This would've never crossed my mind since I'm never going to be pregnant nor will anyone I currently know.

Come to think of it, no one I know (that's a woman) owns guns either.

at first I thought this was a subtalk thread though. can you blame me? :lol:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I never really thought of this, but yeah it makes sense, not like it applies to me tho.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Firstly, isn't it muffled already inside the womb? I got that from a Pampers CD. They don't hear the same way we hear things. In fact, it's constantly noisy in there with all our internal processes, haha. Secondly, if hearing a gun shot fired is dangerous for their hearing, then would watching fireworks have the same effect?

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Fireworks aren't nearly as loud as a gunshot, except at range. A large firecracker going off is not as loud as a handgun at the same range