Attention Pregnant Gun Owners

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just wanted to share a tip I heard today that made a lot of sense. Don't go to the shooting range if you are pregnant. Your baby could get hearing damage since there's no way to muffle the sound for them.

I had never thought about that before. Thought I'd share.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.

I think this just falls under the category of "common sense" or "things Americans no longer have".

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it's not something that you would automatically think about. I mean, I heard it and it made perfect sense but I might not have thought about that just going about my life.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
This would've never crossed my mind since I'm never going to be pregnant nor will anyone I currently know.

Come to think of it, no one I know (that's a woman) owns guns either.

at first I thought this was a subtalk thread though. can you blame me? :lol:

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Firstly, isn't it muffled already inside the womb? I got that from a Pampers CD. They don't hear the same way we hear things. In fact, it's constantly noisy in there with all our internal processes, haha. Secondly, if hearing a gun shot fired is dangerous for their hearing, then would watching fireworks have the same effect?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Fireworks aren't nearly as loud as a gunshot, except at range. A large firecracker going off is not as loud as a handgun at the same range