Attended a House Show

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
So yesterday I went down to my old college and caught a RAW/ECW House Show with my sister, my brother, The_Unity and two of my sister's friends. It was a really fun time and we were RIGHT BY the wrestlers when they came out. Here are the match results and some other thoughts I had...

Tony Chimmel was the announcer, Mike Chioda did the first set of matches as the referee. They plugged Kennedy's movie and then the first match started. (No pyro but music did play). I've never been so close to the ring before...we were on the floor but back a little ways but still really close.

Kofi Kingston beat Dolph Ziggler with the Trouble in Paridise. Crowd was hot for Kofi the whole match and Dolph was very entertaining. I love this guy. When he came down the aisle he flicked his hands through his hair and water went everywhere...hilarious.

Melina beat Beth Phoenix to retain the Women's title. Fun match and Melina won with, I believe, a rollup. Melina got a nice hand, no Santino was bullshit and Beth is a huge beast up close.

Jack Swagger beat Tommy Dreamer with the gut-wrench powerbomb to retain ECW title. Tommy had a nice reception and got on the mic and did his my contract is up in June speel. Fun match with the crowd all over Swagger's case...that dude is a giant...he's also awesome.

Forgot to mention at one point this girl walked past us and all I saw was her outfit and wondered why the hell you'd dress like a whore to a house show and then I realized it was Mickie James who was about 1 foot away from me and I didnt know it. She did some interview thing and her mic didnt work.

Rey Mysterio beat Kane with the 619/Splash deal. Mysterio got a HUGE friggin pop and Kane got a nice one too. Missouri's own haha. Good match...crowd was hot for it.

There was a short intermission, new ref is Chad Patton. No John Cone or Charles Robinson is bullshit but what can ya do? Randy Orton vs CM Punk was next...Orton turned Punk's springboard flying clothesline into a RKO (which was awesome), then he picked him up and gave him another one. Most of the crowd was anti-Orton but there were some chanting his name. To which he stopped, got on the mic, told them to shut up as he didnt need their support and also ripped on Cape Girardeau calling the fans inbread or something to that affect. It took him about 5 hours to get in the ring and he looked pissed the entire time...he was awesome. The best part is this, though. My sister ran up to the railing for their entrances and some kid, like 15 years old, was wearing an Orton shirt and was booing Randy or something. Randy's response? "Why are you wearing my shirt you fucking faggot?" hahahaha I died laughing when she told us, that's awesome. Mean, but awesome. He doesnt want anybody cheering him or rooting for him. Moving on...

Mike Knox won a fun little battle royal over Dolph Ziggler (yes, again), Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, and Cryme Tyme. It was a fun match and my sister got a sweet shot of Knox's beard.

Last match was Shawn Michaels over Chris Jericho with sweet-chin music. No John Cena on the card but having HBK there was so cool considering he hardly does any house shows during the year. Jericho was awesome...tearing down the crowd, yelling at the fans and just being an awesome heel.

So it was a fun time. There were a ton of kids there but who cares. These house shows allow the wrestlers to interact a lot more.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That seemed pretty entertaining. I am surprise that there was all those popular guys there, like Orton, HBK, Jericho. I am surprise that Ziggler fought twice. Also it sucks that Santino wasnt there, he would of been hilarious if he was.

I can't believe Orton said that to the young kid, that's just unbelievable, but hilarious at the same time.

Glad you had a good time buddy.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
That seemed pretty entertaining. I am surprise that there was all those popular guys there, like Orton, HBK, Jericho. I am surprise that Ziggler fought twice. Also it sucks that Santino wasnt there, he would of been hilarious if he was.

I can't believe Orton said that to the young kid, that's just unbelievable, but hilarious at the same time.

Glad you had a good time buddy.
Yeah I was shocked too...HBK was taking Cena's place I'm sure. Not sure where John was.

I understand Orton trying to be the ultimate heel but that was a little harsh haha. I mean I thought it was hilarious but the kid might not have.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Haha that response by Orton is CLASSIC!

Sounds like a pretty good show. Not bad getting to see Ziggler twice. Almost the same amount of times he's wrestled on TV in one night! Glad ya had a good time :D

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha that response by Orton is CLASSIC!

Sounds like a pretty good show. Not bad getting to see Ziggler twice. Almost the same amount of times he's wrestled on TV in one night! Glad ya had a good time :D
Thanks! Ziggler is a fun guy on house show because he's a great heel. I know its hard to get him on RAW because there are so many performers but I'd like him to at least get a qualifying match for MITB.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know he's still young, but I really hope that he's in the Money in the Bank match. He's a talented wrestler, and he would pull out some sick moves. But I don't think he'll be in it, because there are more wrestlers that are desering right now than he is.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know he's still young, but I really hope that he's in the Money in the Bank match. He's a talented wrestler, and he would pull out some sick moves. But I don't think he'll be in it, because there are more wrestlers that are desering right now than he is.
Yeah its too soon I think for him. Guys like Miz, Morrison, and Kingston shoud all be in there before him. I wonder how many will be in there? Last year it was 7 because Hardy was suspended...I'm sure it'll be 8 this year just to get more people on TV.

A guy like Jimmy Wang Yang would be fun to see in there even though hes not going to win. Or Hurricane Helms, RTruth, Kendrick etc.

wooly

I am the woolrus
yeah, i'd love to see him in there, but it is probably too soon for him. Thing is, they could have easily had him ready for it by now after the great start he had, but they just chose not to.

Surprised Knox got the win over Ziggler, Priceless and Cryme Tyme. I have a horrible feeling, looking at the roster, that we're going to be seeing him in the Elimination Chamber. He might actually do ok in a chamber match, but it's just another crap name stuck in there....

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
yeah, i'd love to see him in there, but it is probably too soon for him. Thing is, they could have easily had him ready for it by now after the great start he had, but they just chose not to.

Surprised Knox got the win over Ziggler, Priceless and Cryme Tyme. I have a horrible feeling, looking at the roster, that we're going to be seeing him in the Elimination Chamber. He might actually do ok in a chamber match, but it's just another crap name stuck in there....
I wonder where Vilky is...I'm surprised his campaigning for Kizarny isnt in full effect. :D

I am spoiler tagging this even though it was announced on wwe.com. Mike Knox qualified for the Chamber match with his win in that battle royal. I figured it would be a situation where he won that and then qualified again on television. That doesnt seem to be the case...Knox is in because of his win at a house show.

wooly

I am the woolrus
ah that's weird

Raw's Chamber match is shaping up to have a pretty crappy line-up. Especially when you consider, Smackdown has plenty more superstars to consider on top of it's already good set of participants. MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, Umaga.....