Atreyu

Discussion in 'Music' started by Vidic15, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I started listening to them a while ago and I am very impressed with their music and got to say that I am hooked on them, any fans on here?

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I like their old music a lot more, but generally I can't say there is any of their music I don't like. I love the song We Stand Up.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I listened to some of their stuff a few years ago after hearing their less than good cover of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name". I don't know, they just didn't strike me as anything special, nothing to separate themselves from the hordes of screaming whiner bands.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Meh. they're ok. Slightly above average :lol:

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never heard them. How would you guys classify their style/sound?

6. exitamentaltemple

exitamentaltemple Registered Member

i herd of the band name before but never herd there music ! are they good ?

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Metal/ Screamo. Aka, Not for everybody

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

See that right there tells me that I won't even have to listen to them first to find out of I like them. :lol: Metal/Screamo has never done anything for me besides instantly shift my musical pendulum back to Enya.

icegoat63 and EndWinterRomance like this.
  9. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

atreyu is pretty good. ive seen them live and they put on a good show. theyre a very talented metal band but as said before if you dont like screaming vocals i would stay away. If youre looking for a good song i would reccomend bleeding mascera or ex's and oh's.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I like 'em. They seem more celebratory than most Screamo bands. I dunno how to explain that, it could just be my own interpretation. But yeah, I cant say I'll turn the radio off when they come on, and I've caught myself with a few of their songs stuck in my head.

Yet oddly enough I've sat over and over with my finger on the buy button with "Lead Sails Paper Anchor" in my itunes shopping cart and yet I just cant seem to work up enough confidence to actually buy it. I dunno maybe if I had more initiative like a sale or something I'd buy it.

Atreyu likes this.