ATM Machines (Cashpoints)

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
How many of you use cash machines to withdraw money?

Do you like using them and find them covenient?

For me I find them quite annoying sometimes. Mainly because my local cash machine is sometimes out of order and therefore it's gamble walking half a mile to get to it only to find out it isn't working. Then I've got to walk another half a mile to the next one because the bank it's attached to isn't Lloyds TSB.

I always prefere withdrawing large quantities of money out of the bank as the two nearest machines are in a dodgy area and pin security is easily breached.

That said, they are convenient when working, fast and you have the option of a receipt which is always handy.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
They are convient for me and there are actually 3 atms of the same bank that I go too. There is one inside a grocery store that I shop at. If that is out of order, there is a drive up one just outside the grocery store. Then there is one about half a mile away.

The thing that I hate is when the person in front of you takes too dang long to use it. It usually takes me about 10 seconds to use it.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I prefer to use my card and not cash. It is such a pain in the ass to go to an atm when i can use my card. Yet there are places that don't take cards and only cash :/

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I always use my card in paying. The only time I would withdraw at a nearby ATM is when I'm buying from a store that won't accept card for any amount (ex: minimum of 10€ purchase before card is accepted). Big money transactions, I do them online or go to the Post Office which handles my bank account.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I use cash machines to withdraw money every day. I find them convenient
and easy to use. My nearest one is so unreliable though, it always runs out of £10 and sometimes it just runs out of money altogether!
Even though I think they are convenient and easy, there is always the risk of PIN breach and stuff like that.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I use them all the time and think they are great, I have never really had a problem with them apart from when they run out of money.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
They're useful if you want to get some money fast without having to go to a bank teller. The only problem with my account, though, is that I can currently only take money out at Lloyds TSB machines, so that limits where I go. Despite that, they're useful. How often are you going to pay for a £1.80 sammich with a card?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I use them quite a lot but I tend not to draw too much out. I'll usually just take £20 out from time to time and spend it on various things I need.
They are convenient BUT I always worry when I'm using them as they're out in the open and lots of people are always walking by. I tend to go into the bank or shop and use them in there rather than out on the street.

I draw money from an ATM at a shopping center. There are two ATMs at the far end so I have to walk a distance to reach them. Usually one is out of order and a long queue.