ATM Machines (Cashpoints)

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by English-Emo-Boy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

How many of you use cash machines to withdraw money?

Do you like using them and find them covenient?

For me I find them quite annoying sometimes. Mainly because my local cash machine is sometimes out of order and therefore it's gamble walking half a mile to get to it only to find out it isn't working. Then I've got to walk another half a mile to the next one because the bank it's attached to isn't Lloyds TSB.

I always prefere withdrawing large quantities of money out of the bank as the two nearest machines are in a dodgy area and pin security is easily breached.

That said, they are convenient when working, fast and you have the option of a receipt which is always handy.

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

They are convient for me and there are actually 3 atms of the same bank that I go too. There is one inside a grocery store that I shop at. If that is out of order, there is a drive up one just outside the grocery store. Then there is one about half a mile away.

The thing that I hate is when the person in front of you takes too dang long to use it. It usually takes me about 10 seconds to use it.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I prefer to use my card and not cash. It is such a pain in the ass to go to an atm when i can use my card. Yet there are places that don't take cards and only cash :/

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I always use my card in paying. The only time I would withdraw at a nearby ATM is when I'm buying from a store that won't accept card for any amount (ex: minimum of 10€ purchase before card is accepted). Big money transactions, I do them online or go to the Post Office which handles my bank account.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I use cash machines to withdraw money every day. I find them convenient
    and easy to use. My nearest one is so unreliable though, it always runs out of £10 and sometimes it just runs out of money altogether!
    Even though I think they are convenient and easy, there is always the risk of PIN breach and stuff like that.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I use them all the time and think they are great, I have never really had a problem with them apart from when they run out of money.

7. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

They're useful if you want to get some money fast without having to go to a bank teller. The only problem with my account, though, is that I can currently only take money out at Lloyds TSB machines, so that limits where I go. Despite that, they're useful. How often are you going to pay for a £1.80 sammich with a card?

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I use them quite a lot but I tend not to draw too much out. I'll usually just take £20 out from time to time and spend it on various things I need.
    They are convenient BUT I always worry when I'm using them as they're out in the open and lots of people are always walking by. I tend to go into the bank or shop and use them in there rather than out on the street.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I draw money from an ATM at a shopping center. There are two ATMs at the far end so I have to walk a distance to reach them. Usually one is out of order and a long queue.

10. retrobreakdown

retrobreakdown Registered Member

I mainly use cash machines to withdraw money. Actually that's the main form of money withdrawal here, you can find a machine everywhere you go.