• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Atheism

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Atheist

What does being Atheist mean to you?

Corona

Registered Member
It means I don't believe in God or a higher being. I'll even take it a step further: I'm a nihilistic athiest, that means I don't believe in anything. Pretty liberating.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
It means I don't believe in God or a higher being. I'll even take it a step further: I'm a nihilistic athiest, that means I don't believe in anything. Pretty liberating.
I fall into this category also.

Irishone21

Registered Member
Atheism is an interesting PHILOSOPHY... but without God, I'd be nothing... Here is a question for all of you atheist who inwardly believe in God, but are too rational to believe in the intangible... Does God make men into woman, or woman into men?

"You are strongest in your weakness" -JC

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
He makes a sperm fertilize with an egg and lets it go from there.

tipsycatlover

Registered Member
An atheist is a person engaged in worship of themselves.

Interestingly, a study was done of atheists in Canada and the results appeared in an article by Charles Lewis in the National Post. I don't have a link the date was October 10, 2007. The study found that atheists do not value things like love, friendship, loyalty, patience, family life and generosity. The reason given was that lacking exposure to religion, they are not exposed to these interpersonal values and just don't find them valuable assets.

Non-believers who still place a value on these feelings only do so as a legacy of previous generations. Little by little, Canadian society is becoming less civil and more superficial as the country becomes more and more secularized. According to the study the least valued by atheists was forgiveness, which appeared as a 32 point spread between believers and atheists.

I have known many atheists personally and always found them to be just a bit off. Nothing you could put your finger on, but appeared to have something wrong with the way they interacted with others. This article, and I wish I could find it again, really cleared up why. Altheists just don't assign the same value to the qualities I think are important.