• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

At what temperature are you hot and cold?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Please provide temps in both C and F for all users.

Basically what temperatures do you really hate when it comes to cold and heat.

I find this interesting for people all over the world, as I know a lot of British people who's idea of hot is quite cool to me, yet the type of cold they have is something I can't even imagine.

In Summer I usually start to feel the heat when it gets above 35C(95F) and I hate it when we have days up to 43C(110F). Anything above that just kills me. Last Summer we actually had a heatwave of something like 8 days above 40, not fun.

As for cold I start to feel cold when it's under 10C(50F) and anything under 5C(41F) is basically freezing for me haha.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For me it varies, depending on a lot of factors (humidity, what my body's adjusted to, how much clothes I'm wearing).

If I'm bundled up, I can deal with temperatures a bit below 32 F (0 C) without much problem. If I'm not bundled up, then I'm probably suffering. As far as high temperatures, it really varies. I start disliking it around 75 F (~24 C) depending on how my body is acclimated. But I don't start really hating the weather until around 90 F (32 C). The worst I've been in was about 120 F (49 C) (although I'm not sure, because I was told different temperatures by different sources).

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
For me its according to the humidity. If its humid I start getting uncomfortable around 80F {28C} but if the humidity is low I'm okay with it being a little warmer. Anything below freezing make me uncomfortable if I am out in it too long and not bundled up or working.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Due to the humidity here, I get hot, miserable and sweaty around 80F 26C. When the humidity isn't so bad I can do around 90F 32C. As long as I don't sweat, I feel ok with the heat. I just hate sweating. Recently I was in Arizona and they had temps of 100F 37C that I felt comfortable at, because it was a dry heat and I wasn't sweating.

I start getting cold at around 60F 15C.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
It's rarely humid in the UK. If it was, my temps would probably be lower.

Perfect warm outdoors temperate for me is around 22c (72F) if there is a breeze. Anything a few (c)/several (f) degrees over that is bordering too hot but it depends on if I'm being active or not.

As for when I get too cold, well, it changes depending on season context. In the winter, I'm happy for anything above freezing... so I don't feel the cold as much. Probably around 10c (50f) is cold... but it doesn't bother me at all as long as I can have a coat. It definitely has to get below freezing for it to be too cold for me to stop going outside. I went for jogs in the snow in a tshirt this winter.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Exactly the same temperatures as stated by Bex for me. I definitely feel hot in the early 20's.
Having a car helps in all types of weather I find. I have hot and cold air at my fingertips.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I prefer anything in the range -20C and +15C LOL, this is about -4F to +60F lawl. At the lower of that range and the height of that range, things like the wind and humidity can cause me discomfort lmao. lol. If I'm somewhere where I can pinpoint the temperature with a control, I would definitely leave it at +10C lol rofl roflmfao

Blueyes

Registered Member
anything below 85F (29.4C) is cold to me. I'm cool with mid 90s (~35C). Heck about a week and a half ago it was 100F (37.7C) and 123F (50.5C) with humidity down here. Fun times :/ 123F is a bit much due to the stickiness of the humidity.