• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

At&t to acquire t-mobile usa

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Great.

I sign up with T-Mobile to get away from AT&T. Now I'm going to get stuck with AT&T again. Fuck you people, seriously.

dDave

V.I.P.
Out here (in Colorado) most people are on Sprint and Verizon, T-mobile and AT&T aren't by any means the most popular.

That's still rather unfortunate for people on T-mobile because I do hear that AT&T sucks bad from the people I know that use them.

I have Sprint, I get service wherever I go (including everywhere in the mountains basically)

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
So how many carriers are left in the US? I hate it when I don't have choice. Thank God monopoly laws keep it from merging even more.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have T-Mobile and I'm not happy about this either. I am considering switching to Sprint though, if they are still around after all of this. How is AT&T able to do this with the current anti-monopoly laws we have?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Probably because there are still other options out there. I have Verizon so this doesn't affect me at all. I hate when huge companies buy up their competition though. Less competition is usually bad for the consumer.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have Verizon and I'm happy with it. I'm glad it wasn't part of the merger and even if AT&T surpasses Verizon now, it's not going to affect most of my area. Here, hardly anyone had T-Mobile and AT&T is not that popular. Verizon and U.S. Cellular have been the top 2 in my area. I don't ever have plans to switch from Verizon.