• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Asylum Seekers given Ankle Bracelets

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
"It's an ankle monitor here, it's time in detention there, it's a for-profit prison case manager who's now going to follow you on your day-to-day life," says Ryan, director of RAICES, a nonprofit in San Antonio that helps unauthorized immigrants. "It's a continuous, pervasive pressure that is being put on these women, constantly reminding them that they are not welcome here."
http://www.npr.org/2015/11/13/45579...on-beds-for-ankle-bracelets-same-firm-profits

I don't understand people thinking they can just enter a country illegally and nothing should be done to detain or deport them. In that process of course someone is going to make a profit off of it.

You would think we were forcing them to come and stay here then imprisoning them.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
From the OP article.
"It makes me ashamed, because they only put them on criminals, and I'm not a criminal YET," says Carolina Menjivar...
Imo "YET" speaks volumes. Those people come from countries with massive corruption and massive crime rates. They should be suspect.
I hear people scream "discrimination" but sometimes I wonder how much is really discrimination and how much is just self-defense.

They are here ILLEGALLY. Entering a country without a passport IS A CRIME. If they dont want to be treated like criminals then they should go home and apply for passports.