Assisations

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright I am not sure if this belongs here or not, but as you already know, we had great people assassinated. Such has John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr, John Lennon and others.

I was wondering why they got killed, and if they found the killers, of these people.

I know a little bit why Martin Luther King got shot for, but can you guys explain to me in detail, why where they shot?

You can also name other great people who got assassinated and why.

L

LeBronIzHot

John Kennedy

I am not really sure why did John F. Kennedy got shot. But the killer was caught shortly after the murder and he denies that it was a set up and claims that he didn't kill him. The reporters caught Lee Harvey Oswald when he was holding the gun that was shot from when John F. Kennedy was shot.

Martin Luther King
King was assassinated at 6:01 p.m. April 4, 1968, on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee. He was shot in the throat. 2 months later after his Assassination, James Earl Ray was captured on London Aiport. He was trying to escape to Canada. He refused to Admit that he killed Martin Luther King but 3 days later he confessed and was sentenced to 99 year jail.

John Lennon
At 10:50 p.m. on 8 December 1980, Mark David Chapman shot and fatally wounded John Lennon in front of Lennon's residence, the Dakota.
The Lennons walked by, and after Ono had opened the inner door and had walked inside — when Lennon was the only person inside the entrance archway — Chapman called out, "Mr. Lennon." Then he dropped into "a combat stance" and shot Lennon four times with hollow point rounds from a Charter Arms .38 revolver. He died from a loss of blood and accordiing to the autopsy two shots struck Lennon in the left side of his back and two in his left shoulder. All four caused serious internal damage and bleeding. The fatal shot pierced Lennon's aorta. Chapman pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was sentenced to 20 years to life. He has been denied parole several times and remains incarcerated at Attica Correctional Facility.

I

IntheNet

President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth; an out-of-work actor who fancied himself a Southernor. Funny thing was...he wasn't! After that tragic death, the South was punished through Reconstruction.

smuda

Registered Member
Ghandi was assainated. Don't know why.
Mark Chapman (the mother of all assholes) told Babara Walters on the tenth anniversary of John Lennons death that the reason he killed him was because he decided that Lennon was a phony. Chapman went into central park, removed all his clothes, and asked Satan to give him the strength to kill John Lennon. If they EVER let that JERK out of prison I pray that someone puts four bullets in HIS back!

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Generally most assassinations are either by madmen (the attempt on Reagen, John Lennon, Wilkes Booth) or for political reasons (Robert Kennedy, perhaps JFK, and John Paul II).

Most modern assassinations, with the exception of sniping, tend to get caught due to increased security of various political officials. The only way to get away with murder these days is to kill random nobodies of little significance.

Kaz

smuda

Registered Member
How about public embarrassment or humiliation? Sort of a public mental assaination? Remember when Bill Gates got a pie-in-the-face?

scitsofreaky

Registered Member
I am not really sure why did John F. Kennedy got shot. But the killer was caught shortly after the murder and he denies that it was a set up and claims that he didn't kill him. The reporters caught Lee Harvey Oswald when he was holding the gun that was shot from when John F. Kennedy was shot.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Supposedly (probably) he put down the gun in the book dipository, where it was found by police/secret service, and Oswald was caught on a side street a ways away with a hand gun. It seems like that is why he was initially arrested, but I'm not sure.
The History channel has done some pretty indepth shows on the JFK assassination, and they went into possible motives, but I don't remember them.

L

Luke Wolf

How about public embarrassment or humiliation? Sort of a public mental assaination? Remember when Bill Gates got a pie-in-the-face?
Which time? I think the best is when Windows Millenium crashed while he was promoting it.

Vlad Tsepesh was assassinated. It's not known who exactly done it, but theories are it was his brother or a spy. He was killed because he pissed off the Turks.

D

Ds136

LeBronIzHot said:
John Kennedy

No no the real shooter was on the grassy knoll =P

Probably one of the most monumentous assassinations was that of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Gavrilo Princip , a Serb nationalist insurgent. That one assassination was a leading cause to World War I.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
It wasn't really a leading cause, there had been storms brewing ever since the Kaiser had taken power shortly before Bismark was dismissed. It was more of just an excuse. But it does prove that assassinations can be the spark for a conflict, or something much bigger than the killing of one person, in this case millions.

Kaz