Assault on Berlusconi

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Bjarki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

My, my, that's some news for sunday night :shake:

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Awesome, about time someone did it. Next thing, assassination?

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

ugh, I never agree with violence, no matter who it's aimed against.

A broken nose and two broken teeth btw :shake:

4. Charlatan

Charlatan New Member

He should not have been attaacked, as it is anti societal. If he was to have done something wrong that is an issue for debate, not retribution. If he was to attack the other first then there is cause. To 'lynch' someone is bad news.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

There is no doubt he will use that to his political advantage. Even so, haha, Berlusconi got popped! :lol:

6. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I don't agree with violence against him, but my compassion for him is very limited. When you put your hands into a bee hive, you'll get stitches -- and when you screw the entire people over multiple times, by abusing their tax money, by fraud, by destroying democracy and placing yourself above the law by evading trials for white collar crimes, while every common person on the street who cannot afford to bribe the state like this gets convicted ... then I guess it's no surprise when some of them get really angry.

Berlusconi's model of running Italy is maybe the biggest threat a Western democracy has been facing in the last decade. That doesn't make it right to use physical violence against him -- it would be better if finally, he could no longer evade and trick himself out of the means of legal prosecution that exist. But what Berlusconi has done to the Italian people is many, many times worse than this attack on him.