• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Even though I know from the other thread that we are all feeling AC fatigue from the fact that they release 100 games a year, I thought I'd start a thread for this one anyway.

This is actually the first AC game in a long time I'm genuinely interested in. I think the fact that you play twin brother and sister is actually really cool, and that you can switch between them in the game, while also having separate missions is cool.

But the biggest draw to me here is the setting, as I've always loved Victorian London as a setting so I was bound to want to play this one no matter what.

If this is good, it could end up being on the second AC game I've ever completed. The first was Assassin's Creed 2 (most since then haven't interested me).

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, this looks like it might be good enough to buy. I agree, the siblings and the setting are what I'm most interested in.

I think I've only finished one... Unity. Everyone hated that, but I was lucky enough to play it after the patches had fixed the majority of the bugs. I got 75% of the way through Black Flag but eventually quit. I hated how much time I spent on a ship. I just wanted to assassinate people, not play Grand Theft Pirate. Haha.

Glad to see they are leaving the PS3/360 behind. More games need to do this.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's also positive that they are abandoning multiplayer with this one. No one buys AC games for good multiplayer, they buy them for the single player experience. Their attempts at MP in the past have just been messy and hindered the game so it was a smart move to drop it and focus on single player again.

I also think it's good they are leaving behind old gen. Although I have a PS4 so I guess I wouldn't care haha.

I might look into Unity one day, it did look mildly interesting. The characters in that one didn't interest me nearly as much as the characters in this one.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I really liked the characters in Unity. And the present day story seemed less annoying and jarring in it. That's my one complaint with this series. I absolutely hate how the story is told. I'd rather just be back in the past, killing people and not reliving these moments in an office building in Chicago. Haha.