• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Assassin's Creed Film

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
So apparently an AC film is definitely being made now. What are your thoughts on this? I'm not really looking forward to it. Games and movies never really mix well. Maybe one day they will but so far there have been none I can think of.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll believe it when I see it because gaming movies often seem to get shelved. I like the general premise of AC and would enjoy a movie if well done, but like you Soph I worry about gaming movies being shitty.

Impact

V.I.P.
I thought this was already a definite thing when they announced that the Fass would be in it? That was a while ago now.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I thought this was already a definite thing when they announced that the Fass would be in it? That was a while ago now.
Yeah it's been around a while I think, although I don't think there's been a thread for it yet. Although I have been hearing on-again off-again rumours about this for years so I'm never too sure.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Really? Ugh. They will ruin it. The thing about game movies is that they take the premise and then fuck it up. If they just followed the game, it would be a huge success. There is a reason the game is so popular, but nooooooo.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
As others have said I think that it can only be a success if they actually stick close to the game itself. It doesn't have to be perfect as some things, as we see in movies based on books, do not translate well into cinema but they can at least strive to make it as close as possible. Please don't have another Super Mario Bros. movie.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll believe it when I see it because gaming movies often seem to get shelved.
This. I'm still waiting on the Uncharted, Bioshock & God of War movies.

I didn't care for the AC games, but the story seemed okay. I might pay a few bucks to see it.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have no confidence in this actually being a good movie. I think they're going to fuck it up, just like they do all other video game movies I have seen.