• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Assassin's Creed 3: October 30th, 2012

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So it seems as if we are getting Assassin's Creed 3 after all.

Ubisoft announced this week that Assassin's Creed 3 will be launched October 30th, 2012. However, no details have been given about the plot, characters, etc., but the popular rumor now is that this will take place 50% in modern times, and 50% in the American Revolution.

Additionally, and unlike Revelations and Brotherhood, 3 has been in development for three years since the release of 2.

Assassin's Creed 3 launching October 30 | Crave - CNET

Thoughts? Speculation? Hopes and dreams?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's just a faint hope, and I know it probably won't happen, but I've always wished they would make an Assassin's Creed game with a female lead. I've actually read interviews with the devs before who said that they would be more than happy to make a female assassin as a lead, and would love to do it, but they aren't sure if it would sell. As far as fitting it into the story I'm sure they could do it somehow. But yeah... that's my dream for the game, I doubt ti will happen.

Iris

rainbow 11!
yay! I am excited for this as I liked the last game. I agree, Sophie. it would be really interesting if they did a female lead, I think. It would definitely be a change of pace from Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Plus think of the lulz that would be had from Desmond being a girl and kissing a man... or another girl.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
...the popular rumor now is that this will take place 50% in modern times, and 50% in the American Revolution...
If this turns out to be true, thank fuck for that. I started getting tired of Ezio and Altair. We've had too much about them, move on to another section of history! You've got countless stories you can tell, but you're focusing on just two! And Desmond doesn't count, as his story is the prime storyline, without him there is no story, so chances are he's actually going to come into play in this new game.

Personally, I'd like to see more firearms in the new one. No, this isn't the wish of some CoD fan. Recall the first game, where an assassin extraction team attempts to rescue Desmond, only to be gunned down by Abstergo security forces. If they can quite clearly do that, why would they only want to send hand-to-hand combatants after Desmond and co.? Hell, they could pretty much take the place of crossbowmen, but in greater numbers.

So, yeah, more ranged enemies please.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well Ezio and Altair were finished with AC: Revelations, and it only makes sense for the new game to take place in the US, given the possibilities of story angles they can take from there. I have high hopes, because I was let down by AC:R and AC:B, so I really am hoping AC3 can step up and be just as amazing as 2 originally was.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Looks like screenshots of the game have been leaked, confirming the American Revolution setting.

All Games Beta: Assassin's Creed III

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't think they were leaked, I think those screenshots were released because they will be in the new edition of Game Informer next month. I was reading on the GI Facebook about it. It's going to be their cover story for the issue.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Technically, if they're being shown before Game Informer shows them, they're leaked.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ah okay. I thought maybe they just came out before the issue because that's what happened with the screenshots from The Last of Us as well. But I guess those ones were leaked too.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Wait. I'm confused. Isn't the dude's clothing kinda obvious? That doesn't look like normal attire for that era and surely people would put two and two together and figure out what he is as he gained some sort of infamy.