• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Asking or Answering

Bliss

Sally Twit
Which do you enjoy more, asking questions or answering them?

I don't like to talk all that much about myself but I love to listen to other people. I will happily ask question after question to learn more about someone. And I am keen to know how people are feeling and what is going on with them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Both could lead to learning so I'm fine with either. I'd say it is easier to ask questions but sometimes I also run out of things to ask so answering seems a good break.

StormyClouds

Registered Member
Would you care to elaborate on that? What does it depend on?

See! Two questions. I love questions.
again... im shy in person and can be very quiet, sometimes its easier to mumble a question than to mumble an answer, i dont like to let people know too much about me,

It would also depend on how well i knew someone, if i know them well then i will answer any question they throw at me within reason. if i dont know them then id ask the questions.

make sense? i hope so :lol:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I like both, talking about myself and asking people about themselves.
It's not a problem for me to talk about my stuff, but it really depends on who I'm talking to. I just try to be careful about my private issues.

Actually, now that I think about it, I love questions. To question and being questioned is something I really enjoy. It shows interest.

Incomple

Registered Member
I am always getting asked questions by my mates, mainly for their own amusement I think. But I like to ask questions too, its quite interesting finding out other people's view on stuff.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like to answer questions. I'm pretty much an open book, so there isn't a lot of questions I won't answer unless it's really, really personal. I do tend to ask a lot of questions from time to time since I can be a real chatter box. But all in all, I rather answer then asking.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's a mix of both with me.

If I had to pick one I'd probably go with asking, just because I'm heading into the same sort of helping profession that you are, Bliss (I can tell this thread is all about counseling lol!).

But I'm an open book about most everything, so I enjoy it when people ask about me.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
In an academic sense, I ask. Asking is the most integral part of academia! You need to ask questions to succeed. In a social sense, I answer. Most people I know seem to come to me for questions that I may not even know, but they seem to think I know. So... I try to answer them to the best of my ability.