Ask Millz and Ruth

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Since this is the most active sports section, and the Ask the experts thread isn't really active I decide to start a similar thread here. There's a lot of knowledgeable wrestling members here, but me and Millz are the most active so I believe that it would be more appropriate if me and him ran this thing. By saying this, I'm not trying to insult the other members knowledge, I believe you guys know a lot about wrestling as well.

Now this is only going to be about WWF/WWE and WCW me and Millz are going to work together to answer some questions, sometimes Millz won't be able to answer the question so I'll step in and give my thoughts, and vice versa. Sometimes we'll both answer the question, depending on what it is.

Now this isn't a debating thread, it's only a thread where you guys ask questions and we give an answer. You can ask anything you want that involves WWF/WWE and WCW. It could be about a match that happen at a certain Pay Per View, it could be about a wrestler being let go, it could be about the fall out of WCW. Anything you can think of that meets those criteria's we'll do our best to answer them. No question is a dumb question, so don't be shy to ask any of them.

Now you might not agree with us and that's fine, we don't expect you to agree with everything that we answer. But like I mentioned were not here to debate with you guys, were here to answer questions that people have. I really hope this becomes active because it can really help boost this section, and it can be really interesting. Just wanted to state as well, that when we answer the question, we'll try our best to go in depth and list all the information we know about the question.

Alright ladies and gentleman, ask away.

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Fantastic idea and I am more than willing to help out where I can too if that's ok. But yeah to get things going I shall ask a question. What if Hulkamania never got going?

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Why did they retire the Hardcore title? Do you think it was the right move? Do you think they will ever bring it back?

4. Babe_Ruth

Anthony, I still have to do a bit of research for your question, but I'll definitely answer it a soon. Now on to Kons, first off that's a great question, and I have strong feelings about this question. I've always been a fan of the hardcore division, it brought a new aspect to the WWF/E that was rare. At first I was disappointed when they decided to retire the belt and have less hardcore matches, but after giving it more taught I think it was the right thing to do for the wrestlers.

The wrestlers already take a lot of punishment in their regular matches, especially on their busy schedule, now if they have hardcore matches that's ten times worse. They get hit with everything but the kitchen sink. Yes those chairs are meant to take the impact to the skull a bit easier, same thing with the garbage cans, but it still leaves damage, sometimes it evens gives these guys concussions, and the scary thing is most of them wrestle the next day. I'm sure if we saw a head examination done to wrestlers like Mick Foley or Terry Funk(just using these guys as examples, there's a lot more) it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

So all in all, even though I'm a big fan of Hardcore matches, I think the WWE did a good thing by eliminating it completely(well almost)

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Isn't it funny how that almost coincided with the rebranding of ECW?

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

1) Do you think that Shawn Michaels will win the WWE championship atleast one more time before he retires?

2) Is Jack Swagger being mis-used?

3) In memory of Umaga what was your favorite moment when he started to get his push on Raw??

7. Babe_Ruth

Sorry it took so long, I was trying to do a bit of research and find this guy's name, finally found it.

So lets pretend Hogan quits after Hiro Matsuda breaks his leg on the first day of training? Well, Vince would of still taken the steps to go national since that started before Hogan came. Vince needed a face who could appeal to the masses though. Backlund had already worn out the NY crowd, so the national audience wasn't an option. I think Vince would have eventually found someone to help the WWE rule the wrestling world. But it wouldn't have happened as soon as it did with Hogan.

Good question by the way, good way to start this thing off.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Lol. Is this an opinion thread? Otherwise I don't see why we can't just google for answers, but meh to each their own =D

What happened to the Cruiserweight title?

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright I am here to participate...I'll try and respond to everything that has been discussed in the thread so far. Fun idea.

I ask the same thing about what if the NWO never got started? Where would WCW have gone? Probably wouldn't have had nearly as much success as it ended up having. ANyways, I dont think the WWE would be where it is today without Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania. Vince found the perfect person and Hogan pulled it off as perfect as anybody could have. Hogan put the WWE on the map and made it as GLOBAL phenomenon. WWE was a successful promotion but the popularity of Hulkamania ultimately made it what it is today. Austin gets a ton of credit as he should but the WWE would be a shell of its current self without Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania.

I don't think they'll ever bring it back, Kons. I think its buried and gone forever. The only thing I would add to what Babe_Ruth said here is that the WWE is going a different direction...this is a PG audience now. There is still violence but having those type of matches you have to have blood and they have outlawed that now in the company.

I miss it like everyone else but safety is the most important thing. People get addicted to pain pills because the of the grueling schedule and how much pain their body goes through.

Haha yeah that was quite the coincidence. I did like how they slowly removed hardcore from ECW and didn't do it immediately.

Good questions Bosh...

(1.) I do think he'll win it one more time. He's said at this point in his career he doesn't need the title and thinks he shouldnt have it because of his reduced schedule but I think he deserves another chance to run with it for a couple months. He's one of the greatest ever...why the hell not?

(2.) Yes, yes he is. I would have put him in the spot Sheamus is currently in. Swagger >>>> SHeamus.

(3.) When he beat Triple H, Shawn Michaels and John Cena in three consecutive weeks. So awesome.

Or where he threw his opponent in the air and caught him into a Samoan Drop...awesome move.

Hornswoggle had it and Vickie Guerrero took it from him and its never come back. Vince doesnt like Cruiserweights so I think we've seen the last of it...which is a shame. That title was the main reason I watched WCW back in the day.

10. Babe_Ruth

Just wanted to give my opinion about Bosh's questions.

Even though I'm not the biggest Shawn Michaels believer I still believe he worked his butt off in recent years to get the strap. I believe he'll win it again before his career is set and done, but I don't believe he'll have a long title reign.

I believe Swagger is going to have his chance real soon, ever since his match against Cena I've been liking him more and more, and he's shown lately that his microphone skills are deeply improving. I also believe that he should be in the Title match against Cena instead of Sheamus. I believe he would put on a better showing as well.

For your Umaga question, my favorite Umaga match on Raw would be his street fight he had against Cena on June 16, 2008. Just entertaining match.