Ask a Debt Collector!

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So if you've read my latest blog post, I got a job doing collections and I have to say, it's kind of fun. It's also pretty awesome to see how it works and what rules and regulations the industry is run by. Now I'm no authority, but I could definitely answer a lot of basic questions. I'll answer one right off the bat:

Q: Is it a smart idea to just ignore or hang up on collectors?

A:
No. It's one of the dumbest moves you can make. You'll simply get called until you pick up the phone. If you don't want them calling you, then pick up the damn phone and stop being a whiny bitch. You got yourself in debt, own up to it. Some collectors love calling back people they know don't like being called because until you do something about it, they can keep calling you without penalty of law.

So if you have questions, ask!

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
How do you keep your cool when people yell at you and what is the most common excuse you hear? "I MADE MY PAYMENTS THE OTHER DAY!"

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
How do you keep your cool when people yell at you and what is the most common excuse you hear? "I MADE MY PAYMENTS THE OTHER DAY!"
Plain and simple: I don't sympathize. I really don't. Most people are flat deadbeats, that's a fact. There are only a very small handful of people who have legitimate hardships. You'd also be very, very surprised how much information we legally have and can obtain. 99 times out of 100, we can catch you in any single lie you try to put past us.