• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Asian Pivot damaging US-China relations

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
At a recent meeting in Washington DC General Fang accused the US of causing provocations against China. He blamed the Asian Pivot for causing the riots in Taiwan that caused 20 deaths and for the Vietnamese attacking their off-shore oil rig.
In April the Chinese Secretary of Defense told Hagel this:
In Beijing early in April the US defence secretary, Chuck Hagel, and his Chinese counterpart had a stern exchange over the escalating tensions in the South China Sea. Wagging his finger, Hagel told the Chinese defence minister Chang Wanquan that China did not have the right to unilaterally establish an air defence zone over disputed islands in the East China Sea with no consultation. In return Wanquan told Hagel that China was prepared to use its military if needed to safeguard its territory.
Vietnam riots: China accuses US as military chiefs meet in Washington | World news | theguardian.com

Well maybe they werent happy that Conchita Wurst won Eurovision LOL! In the Chinese media they put a black box over Conchita's face and refused to show the video of the winning performance.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
People in that area have been mad at China for a long time. The Chinese have claimed Taiwan is part of China also and would like nothing better than to take over that country.

The Chinese are just upset we won't turn a blind eye to what they are doing.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well they really need to stop all that violence and drop that stupid air defense zone. My friends family had to move back to Edmonton because of all the Chinese interference in Taiwan last summer. They are not happy!