• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Asian Music

Naiwen

Registered Member
So yes have you listened to Asian music? Chinese, Japanese or Korean? I have and I love it. I'm listening to this tune right now.
????? - YouTube.

Tell me what you think about typical Chinese music.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually don't listen to Asian music but there is this one music video I thought was great called Gangnam Style. Its a Korean video and the most watched video on Youtube ever.

dDave

V.I.P.
I can certainly appreciate Asian music but generally I don't aim to listen to it. It sounds strange compared to what I normally listen to. They use various types of instruments, rhythms, and progressions that are simply not popular around here.

I do like Nintendo music, does that count? :lol:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I love me a bit of J-Pop :D I have a Puffy AmiYumi cd and I love Gangam Style.

Most of my collection is from anime though.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Most of my asian inspired music I get from anime's, video games and the occasional browsing through YouTube when I find something that surprises me or peaks my interest. They can either be sung by a singer or simply be performed by a band, either way it's a nice change from what we have on a daily basis.

A lot of my high school years was mostly listening to happy hardcore music, or BPM music and that mostly came from Dance Dance Revolution, then I began to branch from there. Good times all around, here are some from the DDR series that I enjoy still to this day:

DIVE Full Version - YouTube

true...(Trance Sunshine Mix) Full Version - YouTube

~Shwa

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Hilander, I also like that song Gangnam Style, by PSY.

I never hear it on the radio here in Maine anymore. But I do listen to it on Youtube every so often.

asp3

Registered Member
The only Asian band I listen to with any regularity is Shonen Knife out of Japan. I love their cover of The Carpenters song To of the World. I also like a fair number of songs from their Free Time album.

asp3

Registered Member
The only Asian band I listen to with any regularity is Shonen Knife out of Japan. I love their cover of The Carpenters song To of the World. I also like a fair number of songs from their Free Time album.
That should be Top of the World.