• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sad Asian fans racially abused; Euro 2012

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I thought as a planet things were getting better, I thought we might just be able to accept that people are different but apperently this is incorrect:

Link: BBC News

Sol Campbell has told the BBC's Panorama that Euro 2012 should not have been awarded to Poland and Ukraine, due to the racist and violent attitudes of some supporters.

The former England captain advised fans to "stay home, watch it on TV... don't even risk it."

UEFA, European football's governing body, have defended their decision, and said awarding the tournament to the two nations was an opportunity to improve their image and tackle social challenges.

Chris Rogers attended one match in Ukraine where he saw Asian men being kicked and punched, despite supporting the home team.
On the news story is also a video of these morons attacking these people. Years ago I saw a program that pretty much predicited and this and all I have to say is I hope they are happy with themseleves, this has to be an embarresment to the country and to UEFA and if it is not, if this is accepted or tolerated in anyway they should never be considered for this or any other sporting event. Pathetic, the lot of them.

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Isn't Defoe urging fans not to go because of fears of racial attacks? I think I read it somewhere recently...

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Makes our football hooligans look like kittens in comparison.

I know some players families aren't going; but I'm worried about players themselves, specially Sean-Wright Phillips, he's still only young. I wonder if he'll be dropped by then.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The sad thing is as the program says not all fans are like this, some are genuenly going for the love of the game, its these small pockets of fans that ruin it for everyone else.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Tis the norm in any football club really.

There's a panorama thing on tonight as well, might watch some of it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree Euro 2012 should not have been awarded to them if they can't behave any better than that. Shouldn't be kicking and punching your supporters or anyone for that matter. They should ban the people that were doing that from attending any more games.

BigBob

Registered Member
So don't give "X" award to "X", who deserves it, because of it's supporters.

Yeah, not too logical there.

This is something that again, happens in every country. Black, White, Mexican, Asian etc.. some group in every country hates some other group because of their race, it's never going to go away.

You can't hold that against the players.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Isn't Defoe urging fans not to go because of fears of racial attacks? I think I read it somewhere recently...
Defoe shouldn't go himself..

Pretty bad effort by the two countries, it's a honour to host such a massive event and they are black listing their names already.