As Seen on TV!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Have you ever been inspired to purchase an item simply because of this logo? Or even better... have you ever seen an info-mercial and decided the product was cool enough to buy?

Walmart, Walgreens, and a few other locales have the "As Seen On TV" section, usually a slender shelf or something that has all sorts of weirdo gizmos.

I'll admit I got hooked on the "Turbo-Snake" just recently, lol oddly enough though its pretty cool and actually does work like a champ.

So what about you? Ever shop for something you saw on tv?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've always wanted that quick chop thing.

Also, in the local mall here, they have an entire store named "As Seen On TV" dedicated to selling those products. It's actually a pretty cool store. lol

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I worked in a retail store a few years ago where we had a huge As Seen on TV section, lets just say that a lot of them got purchased but returned shortly after. It's crap for the most part in my opinion. I never bought anything and I doubt I'll ever will.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Also, in the local mall here, they have an entire store named "As Seen On TV" dedicated to selling those products. It's actually a pretty cool store. lol
we had one for a while at our mall... but it closed down for some reason fairly quickly. But I do remember it being here.

The quick chop is awesome, my dad actually spent about 60 bucks on the Ronco Showtime Steak Knives :hah: he was drunk whilst watching the infomercial channel and got conned into one of those "call now! and we'll double your order" :hah:

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
My grammy is the only person I know that buys stuff from the infomercials. Like one year for Christmas we all got those snazzy ear muffs. I don't know how they were different from any other pair but whatever.

I must say though, some of those gadgets look really cool on TV. But then I just say to myself.. it will be crap, and a waste of money. :/

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have bought from infomercials. It wasn't that bad. I just avoid watching them because they do look interesting to buy, haha. I don't remember if we have logos like that on the actual stores.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I bought something from an infomercial once. I bought The Firm - yes the work out system. It was well worth it, it was a great work out. I don't have time to do it now but I loved it when I was able to do it.

I bought my first bucket of OxyClean from an As Seen On TV store. also worth it.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
In the past I might of seen something that a TV ad has brought my attention to and I kinda knew about it anyway, but I wouldn't buy something on the sole factor that I have just seen it on tv.