• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

As American As Apple Pie: Blind Hatred

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
A photo first taken by someone at the event:

Next, a video and source:

Pack of Snarling Imbeciles let out of their Kennels, Given American Flags

To me, this envelopes so much of what is wrong with this country which is sad, because these people are exercising their great rights as Americans: to protest and free speech. However, I don't know how anyone could watch the video linked above and not be sickened by it. Because it's not just hatred, it's arrogance and ignorance, a glorious celebration of the two joined in chaotic harmony. Listening to the comments being yelled, the signs waved around and the all around malice filling the air, how can these people not make you feel upset that they can call themselves American? Yes, we all know people we disagree with but this is going too far. Calling them child rapists, terrorists, and wife beaters is a bit beyond just sharing your views, it's blatant lying coated in prejudice.

In my opinion, racism and hatred are the symptoms (as someone in the comments on the above site pointed out) of a broken economy where the middle and lower classes get no breaks, no help and no opportunities.

I have expectations as to how people will respond to this and they won't believe what I'm going to say but they're just going to have to deal with it. I love this country, I know what my rights are and I know they're unique to a majority of the world. I can speak freely here and in public because of the history of our country and our leaders. But events such as these, such hatred, such prejudice, are not at all what a civilized country should be.

What did you think of the video? Have you ever witnessed similar cases of hatred?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Hahaha, do you even know why people are protesting? Do you know who CAIR and ICNA are? Are you aware who was scheduled to speak and their ideology?

You seem to support free speech by the westboro group, what about those that protest speakers that advocate for sharia?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You seem to support free speech by the westboro group, what about those that protest speakers that advocate for sharia?
Do you read threads?

...these people are exercising their great rights as Americans: to protest and free speech...

And yes I do know who they are.

CAIR is a human rights group dedicated to Muslim-American relations, something America is very, very bad at and if you watch the video they're meeting to talk about a few serious issues such as homelessness and women's rights (ironically enough, one of the protesters is holding a "No Women's Equality sign, go figure). ICNA is simply a religious foundation no worse than some of the extremist Christian groups we have in the US already. Oooh! They've been vaguely connected to bad people! No religious group has ever been accused of that! Neither group has ever been convicted of anything and all the controversy around them stems from hearsay and opinion.

You don't have to like them, but I sure hope you're not condoning how this crowd reacted.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I got chills watching that video. Theres exercising freedom of speech and protest, and then there's out and out racism. This video displays the latter.

"Why don't you go home and beat your wife like you do every night, and have sex with a 9 year old and marry her!" That was a brutal thing to say.

I don't think that when the US founding fathers made the constitution, that they had this in mind. I mean, half those people going into that meeting were probably born on US soil. I don't think any of those people going into that meeting deserved to be subjected to that.

One thing it makes me wonder about though, I wonder if back in the days of crusades and what not, if the christians who stayed home and didn't get all zealous and what not were treated much the same way. It's gotta suck to follow a religion thats been made to look horrible because some nutjobs going all psycho.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That kind of hatred isn't exclusive to Americans. People all over the world hate that which is different from them, unfortunately. I agree, though, this kind of hatred is uncivilized.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Merc: By your reply it is obvious that you don't know much about either organization and the ideas they promote. Do I think the protesters are over the top and obnoxious, yes. Do I support their right to be so, yes.

@ Smel: Yes, they said some brutal things. Do you know why they make such over the top comments? Do you know who those people were going to hear speak and what they advocate?

I disagree, free speech includes the kind that is unpopular and sometimes reprehensible.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
@ Merc: By your reply it is obvious that you don't know much about either organization and the ideas they promote. Do I think the protesters are over the top and obnoxious, yes. Do I support their right to be so, yes.
'Over the top'? 'Obnoxious'? I think you're being far too generous.

Also, rather than being all lofty and vague, why don't you enlighten us? What have other people convinced you that they promote? Also, do you have any sources? Of course we support their right, but this is not about protesting, that was about hatred.

@ Smel: Yes, they said some brutal things. Do you know why they make such over the top comments? Do you know who those people were going to hear speak and what they advocate?
Once again, instead of being ghostly, why don't you be helpful and support your own opinions with some facts? It doesn't help a discussion to just sit there and ask questions you claim to know the answers to.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.

Ummm, from what the video says, the ICNA was having a fundraiser dinner for womens shelters, and to relieve homelessness and hunger. Since I don't know anything else about the ICNA or what they may ALSO have been doing that night outside of what the video said, I can only comment on what I see. However, if you would care to post your own link, explaining WHO they were listening to speak, then I'll gladly listen to your points and discuss them. Otherwise, to answer your questions. I think they made over the top comments like that because they're racist. No, I don't know who they were going to hear speak, and no I don't know what they advocate. I was merely going by what I saw in the video since that's what was presented to me in the OP, and thats what there was to discuss.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yes, you are responding to a video produced by CAIR, in support of their ally.

It seems interesting that you are willing to pass judgement based on one side of the story. I hate to make it too easy for you to figure out what all the fuss is about. Then you can dismiss it as more of Smilin's crazy ranting. maybe if you figure it out for yourself it will be more credible to you.

OC Protesters Rally at ICNA Relief Fundraiser Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)

So here is a start, a link to their own website. There you will find the names of speakers, google those names. Check out wikipedia and find out about the criticisms of CAIR, don't take their word that they are just a harmless charity.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You see, that's where I got my info on them last year and just recently. Wikipedia. All the 'controversay' listed is about supposed connections they have. You speak of them as if they're facts being subdued by some shadow organization when in actuality, they're just rumors and distant connections. Don't play the "oh I wanted you to figure it out yourself" card. Be proactive and defend your point . . unless you're unable to, that is.