Arum: Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiations coming

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations begin; HBO targets May 1, 2010 as fight date!

Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations begin; HBO targets May 1, 2010 as fight date | Floyd Mayweather - - MLive.com
    As expected, representatives for Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are meeting today in Las Vegas to open negotiations for a potential blockbuster between the two welterweights in 2010.

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, is representing Mayweather in talks with Bob Arum, founder of Top Rank Inc. and Pacquiao's promoter, sources confirmed.

HBO has targeted May 1, 2010, as a working date for a pay-per-view showdown between Grand Rapids native Mayweather and the Filipino star Pacquiao.

Oh yeah, could it be? :hyper:

3. Babe_Ruth

That would extremely awesome. But that's a pretty long time away lol, but it make sense because both of these boxers will want to train really hard to be their best because they both know they'll have to be at their best in this match.

I really, really hope this happens.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's not so far now (less than 6 months). I'd love to be able to watch this as it happens. :hyper:

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't watch boxing...at all but I'd pay to see this fight. It doesn't get any better in the world of boxing IMO.

Make it happen.

6. Babe_Ruth

I'm definitely buying this boxing match if it does happen, I definitely won't be streaming this one.

The last few boxing matches they had 24 hours of Pacquiao/Cotto(example) they showed them training and getting ready for the fight, you heard their trainners speak about the opponents and studying film. I really hope they have this with Pac and Mayweather if they do end up fighting each other.

But personally there's no reason for it not to happen.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah I got surprised when my friends started talking to me about March 13 fight. I said, "huh?". Ach so! They're thinking of pushing it up!

9. Babe_Ruth

I think we can all agree that this bout won't be in March, I think May makes more sense. But I'm glad that Mayweather supposedly agreed to terms, but I don't think it's a shocker to anyone since we all know these two guys love to compete and are dying to box against each other.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yeah, I like the March 13 date. The sooner the better!