• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Artists you only like one song from.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm sure we all have an artist that we like only one or two songs from. It can be really disappointing, hearing one great song from a band, then checking them out and being let down by the rest of their stuff.

So who is it for you?

For me it's the following:

Trivium:
YouTube - Trivium - Dying In Your Arms

Bush:
YouTube - Bush - Glycerine
YouTube - Bush - Machine Head

NIN:
YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds

Radiohead
YouTube - Radiohead - Creep

and just to break the pattern

Lady Gaga
YouTube - Lady Gaga - LoveGame

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm not listing the YTs, but I will mention Katy Perry- Hot Or Cold. And Adam Lambert- For Your Entertainment. There is probably more, but I can't think right now.
@ Impact, Lady Gaga has a song that didn't make it onto her Fame Monsters CD, it's called Second Time Around. It is really a great song, hard to believe it's Gaga singing! But I have come to like just about all of her songs, they kind of grew on me.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Aside from the usual one-hit wonders:

Psapp - Cosy in the Rocket

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane over the Sea

The Weepies - Stars

Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar

Lifehouse - Hanging by a Moment

Tiger Army - The Simple Truth

Honorable mention goes to post-punkers Pink Spiders for playing NO songs I could appreciate at their 2009 Dodger Stadium concert. (Yep, boys, that was my finger.)

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What is with the Nine Inch Nails one song only thing here? I pretty much like everything they've done minus one or two missteps. I've spent a lot of time coming to appreciate this music, I find a hell of a lot of it to be awesome.
I mean songs like - Last, Wish, The Great Below, Starfuckers Inc., Hurt, We're in this together now, Only, Closer, Head like a Hole, The hand that feeds, Right where it belongs, Echoplex, Mr Self Destruct, Sin, Reptile, Dead Souls, Ruiner and many more--- Great songs the lot of them, some even report to me as classics --- Gutted at this status report on them :(

Anywho, a band that immediately stick out in this for me is Scars on Broadway.
I only like 'They Say' by them. Everything else is shite or not brilliant in any sense of the word.
YouTube - Scars On Broadway - They Say

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Led Zeppelin comes to mind. The only song I really care for from them is Stairway To Heaven. The rest of their songs got old (and very annoying) really fast.

Hammonday

Registered Member
Led Zeppelin comes to mind. The only song I really care for from them is Stairway To Heaven. The rest of their songs got old (and very annoying) really fast.
This hurt my feelings so so much.

I have THOUSANDS of artists that I only like one song by.

but I can't think of any.

Justin Bieber comes to mind, except I hate all of his songs, and him, and just everything to do with that little piece o' poo.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
This hurt my feelings so so much.
Lol. I know that it's probably not a very popular opinion since everybody thinks that Stairway To Heaven is overrated these days. I don't know, it just has a drastically different sound from the rest of their music.

Justin Bieber comes to mind, except I hate all of his songs, and him, and just everything to do with that little piece o' poo.
Bieber haters just can't ever miss the opportunity to shout "I hate him!", now can they?

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, I never heard a Led Zeppelin track I didn't totally love. :D
About Justin Dweeber... s u c k s, and I hope he graduates from Disney pop someday but prolly not... :lol:

Well, there are some bands.
Boy In Static "Where It Ends" was awesome but...
YouTube - Boy in Static - Where it Ends

That's the only one I can think of right now. But this could actually work for whole albums too. I wasn't very excited about Cage The Elephant till their new album. Now I think they're totally awesome! :nod: And Linkin Park could def be in the "whole album" thing too, lol!