• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Artists That Should Get More Attention

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I guess we all have our bits of artists and genres we might listen to that up being a little low key or that ride on the title of being unheard of gems or something else like that.

The point of this thread ends up being fairly simple...

Which artists/genres/both do you think should get more attention and consideration for their work?

-

I could make a list that would span for miles but I guess I'll only throw down a few for the sake of saving space.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Machine Head

After seeing them live and reading all the incredibly reviews they get, I still feel like they get shafted constantly. They have definitely earned a spot as headliners yet they still get the backseat constantly.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Immortal Technique. Yeah, if you're a fan of the rap genre, you may have heard of him. But there are tons of people our there that have never heard any of his music and it's a damn shame. I don't wanna live in a world where people can quote lyrics from Nicki Minaj but couldn't name 5 Immortal Technique songs.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Immortal Technique. Yeah, if you're a fan of the rap genre, you may have heard of him. But there are tons of people our there that have never heard any of his music and it's a damn shame. I don't wanna live in a world where people can quote lyrics from Nicki Minaj but couldn't name 5 Immortal Technique songs.
I love the fact that our music taste is the same, I can finally relate to someone because there is no one out there except for you that has heard of Immortal Technique. I can't believe how good his music is, great lyrics. I first heard of him when I heard Dance with the Devil and I remember loving the song despite it being a bit depressing and I started listening to his other songs from Revolutionary 2 which I reckon is his best album by far.

Impact

V.I.P.
Uh...Aleks, have you been in the rap thread? Pretty sure there are numerous mentions in there. But I agree, Immortal Technique deserves more recognition.

I think pretty much every kiwi band I listen to deserves more recognition. Most of them are barely heard of outside of New Zealand. Examples being Kora, Salmonella Dub, Rhombus, Shapeshifter.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Dave Van Ronk

Without a doubt in my mind the most important figure in the US folk revival in the 60's. He started out with some fantastic ragtime jazz music but in the 60's he became a major figure in the Greenwich Village folk scene, and was hugely influential in people like Bob Dylan, Phil Ochs and Joni Mitchell getting to where they did, although in my mind none of them, not even dylan, come close to Van Ronk's quality.

My favourite song of his is his fantastic version of the classic song St. James' Infirmary. One of my favourite performances of all time. Amazing:

Dave Van Ronk - St.James Infirmary - YouTube

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Uh...Aleks, have you been in the rap thread? Pretty sure there are numerous mentions in there. But I agree, Immortal Technique deserves more recognition.

I think pretty much every kiwi band I listen to deserves more recognition. Most of them are barely heard of outside of New Zealand. Examples being Kora, Salmonella Dub, Rhombus, Shapeshifter.
I have but I didn't bother to read through every post just to look for him! :lol:

Bliss

Sally Twit
'Brand New'

Nobody I know off GF other than my boyfriend know who they are. They have made some wonderful music and should be known by everyone if you ask me.
Part of me likes it a little bit because they are like my own little secret, but I am always shocked when people ask me who they are.

BigBob

Registered Member
Tech N9ne is a big one for me. I've finally seen some friends I went to high school with give him some love after he did a collab with one of their favorite bands. Alisa was the only person I knew who knew who he was up until those friends started posting some of his videos.

For me, personally, he bumped TuPac down go #3 for my favorite rap artists after a few of his newer collabs.