Artists / Bands Who Can't Sing Live

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mirage, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I hate it when artists have good songs yet can't hit certain notes in real life.

Who have you heard live that sounded worse live than on their CD?

For me one band that really bugs me live is Evanescence. I like their albums but I just don't like how Amy Lee sounds live.

YouTube - Evanescence - Tourniquet (LIVE from Zepp - Tokyo)

:shake:

I'll give her credit because she wears a corset and runs around while singing live (vs. standing still in a studio) but I just don't think she sounds very good live.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I doubt many artists today can sing what I consider to be a good live performance. I've had to lower my standards a lot over the years in order not to be disappointed.

That performance (Tourniquet) was actually really good. She got her high notes and was able to follow the melody that was in the studio version for the most part.

I've noticed that a lot of singers like to take some high notes down an octave for live performances and that just makes things sound awkward.

Some bands I can name right off the bat that can't sing...Fall Out Boy, Chevelle, and 30 Seconds to Mars.

there should be a 'who can sing live' thread...

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

Black Eyed Peas, crappy band in studio and even worse live

4. pinksapphire

pinksapphire Registered Member

mariah carey has really fallen off. she sounds like crap live now. she can barely hit a high note and her backup singers sometimes sing her parts for her. and what a shame. she used to be one of the best singers ever, behind whitney houston, who also sounds like crap now. smdh....:(

5. padd

padd Registered Member

Foo Fighters, saw them on Leno, the guys voice was cracking hahaha.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Supposedly Tom Delonge is not that good live. I have seen his live bits on youtube and late shows and he sounded not very good.

Yet when I saw him live he sounded pretty good.

30 seconds to Mars I saw live like 2 years back and but they were pretty good too...

I would have to say the lead singer from Anberlin doesnt sound horrible live but his voice doesnt carry as well as it does on the CD. He is one of the few singers I can say has a fantastic voice (for a male lead in an alternative band) and he can hit ALL the notes.

But when he was live the music drowned out his voice.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Linkin Park sounds like crap live because they don't dub Chester's voice for more power

Dragonforce. I don't need to say anything more than the band name.

8. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Yeah, same. When I saw Linkin Park a few years back, his voice was so weak. On the flip side, I was watching some Dragonforce videos a few minutes ago, his voice is pathetic, haha.

9. Industrialis

Industrialis Registered Member

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I love Dragon force, pathetic...far from it.

I hate to admit it but MCR are a bit sucky live.