Artest Arrested On Domestic Violence Charge

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Indianapolis Star -
    Ron Artest was arrested on Monday morning at his surburan Sacramento home on charges of domestic violence, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Sheriff's deputies responded to a woman's 911 call at 9:23 a.m. and arrested Artest after interviewing the woman and Artest, the paper reported.

Artest was arrested a charge of domestic violence and of using force or violence to prevent his victim from reporting a crime, officials told the Bee. He was booked into the Placer County Jail.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../artest_arrested_on_domestic_violence_charge/

2. patkick

patkick #21

Damn, imagine a 6'7" 260 lbs man getting angry and violent at you. I'd pee in my pants.

3. Babe_Ruth

Houston Chronicle -
    Ron Artest faces four misdemeanor charges because of a domestic dispute at his home earlier this month.

The charges were filed late Tuesday night. Placer County deputy district attorney Dan Quick said Artest will be arraigned Thursday on charges of battery and corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime. Each carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/45253/20070321/artest_faces_four_misdemeanors/

4. Aw man..Ron ron faces a possible four years in jail (or prison i'm not sure). I feel really bad for him, and he's going through a lot right now.

I mean just when his stint with the Kings started to look good. Damn shame.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well apparently nothing's happened. He's playing now. He might have an even worse reputation, but he's playing...

6. Babe_Ruth

Even if he's playing he's still going to appear in court and might face some possible time in prison. It's a shame that such a telent like himself is so screwed up in the head. He could've of become an elite player in this league if he wanted too.

7. ^Ron Artest could be great. He's only 27 guys..