Art of defending the dribble

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Godfather, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Godfather

Godfather Guest

Well, going by the book, you're suppose to look at the ballhandler's waist, no the ball. But I don't think NBA players actually do that. Players gets crossed way too many times these days.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You can be the best defender in the world and you can still be burnt by a guy like Allen Iverson easily. It's something you got to practice day in day out. I think the perfect way to defend is to look at the guys eyes. You can determine what he'll do with the ball by the movement of is eyes.

3. Godfather

Godfather Guest

errr....I can guarantee anyone will get burn watching the ball handler's eyes...

4. Babe_Ruth

Like I said the best defender in the league will get burn once there's no doubt about that. But if you look at the guys waist or ball you'll get burn way easier if you look at the dribblers eyes. By looking at is eyes can easier determine what will the dribbler will do.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I remember some guy saying, "look at his chest" because the chest is the only part that has to go the direction of the ball. in an efficient manner

6. Babe_Ruth

I personnaly think if you look at the guys chest you never know what he'll do with the ball, because you never know if he'll cross you or maybe just go strong to the net. But that's my opinion. It just depends how you were thought.

7. Godfather

Godfather Guest

You can actually read someones thoughts thru their eye? See, the waist is the core of the body. That means wherever the waist goes, the body goes. But the ball can be separated from the body easily with todays ballhandlers. The ball goes right, and if you follow, a crossover will burn you. It is every hard to fake with waist.

Thing is, by determining, that means you can actually reads someone's mind, and that is impossible.

You can never determine what anyone will do in any given situation. YOu, as a defender, can only react to it after he did what he did.