Arkham Asylum 2 to be darker; feature Two-Face

411mania.com: Games - Arkham Asylum 2 To Be Darker, Feature Two-Face

Tidbits get revealed at C2E2...

During a panel discussion at C2E2 in Chicago, voice actor Kevin Conroy gave us some insight on Arkham Asylum 2.

After being allegedly tricked into revealing that Two-Face will be in the game, Conroy said the game would be "really, really dark." He compared it to the animated movie Return of the Joker, and added:

"There's a very complicated cast. A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that! It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area -- it's that dark."

Rumours also say that Robin will be in this game, which should be out some time in 2011.
What do you think? Like the idea that it'll be darker? Are you excited for Two-Face? What about Robin?

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well the first one was dark enough for me. But regardless, I have to admit that I am psyched for this release. I adored the first one and it was actually my second favorite game of 2009 and I really have to give it to Rocksteady (the developers) for making a good game.

Two-Face, meanwhile, may make the combat interesting. His main weapon was a gun... hmm...

Also: Mr. Freeze and Talia's Al Ghul will be in the game as well. IGN has a story on that.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I have a feeling that they'd be more inclined to make him even more of a brawler Maikeru. That's just the trend for sequels unfortunately.

I love the redundancy of this statemnet: "Lots of villains are in it". Well you'd like to think so wouldn't you? :lol:

Hmmm...Robin or NIGHTWING?

I thought the first one was great, so a little darker and some different villains, sounds perfect for me.

I'd prefer no Robin though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'd prefer no Robin though.
I agree completely. Robin (even Nightwing) would kill the mood completely and make it more of a co-op experience, which is not what the game is about.

With regards to other villains? I would love to see Scarecrow and The Riddler return. Their parts in the original title were amazing and deserved more love.

Mr. Freeze and Talia Confirmed for Arkham Asylum 2

Batman has one of the most famous rogue's galleries in comic books, and even more of his villains have been outed for appearances in Arkham Asylum 2. League of Comics reports that both Mr. Freeze and Talia al Ghul will appear in the anticipated sequel. Freeze will be played by Maurice LaMarche, a veteran voice actor who has played roles in The Simpsons and Futurama. He stated on a comic podcast that he has to keep the details of the character under wraps, but calls it "a sympathetic character within the framework of the game."

Meanwhile, Stana Katic tweeted that she'll be playing Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's al Ghul. You might recognize the name from the TV crime show Castle, where she plays Detective Kate Becket. She deleted the tweets, but the word was already out.

This joins yesterday's news of Two-Face joining the cast. Though Kevin Conroy, who plays Batman, was cagey about mentioning the voice actor, earlier reports stated Bruce Greenwood would be taking the role, along with Vincent Martella as Robin. It sounds like the cast of Arkham 2 is getting large with a who's who of Batman lore.

Last edited:

Poetosis

Registered Member
I think that, if done properly, Robin could actually add to the darkness of the overall presentation. I mean, give the kid a break, his parents were murdered in a circus accident. =P If they broke the canon, Tim Drake (or even Jason Todd) would have made for interesting scenarios.

I am very much looking forward to this. The first game was (despite its ending) fantastic, and I hope that they continue the trend here.

Looks like we won't get Arkham City until Q3 2011. At one point it was set to be released this month, should've known it was too good to be true. Almost a year away. Should be worth the wait.