• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Arian Foster admits to taking benefits, slams NCAA

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Arian Foster says he took benefits while playing for Tennessee Volunteers - ESPN

He admitted to taking 50 tacos as a benefit, not allowed by the NCAA, because he wasn't allowed to have a side job to pay for food and rent. He implies he was given help to pay for housing, also. He even laughed off the tacos.

Foster makes a few excellent points. He says that he would have to go out and do something stupid if they didn't help him get food. It was an obviously immature stance but also shows the mindset that these athletes have. Foster also mentions that they are worked just as hard as student athletes as they are as NFL players and the only difference is that he can't make any money off of his name.

I find it hard to disagree with any of his points.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Doesn't surprise me. You'd have to be naive to think student athletes at every major program around the country aren't receiving impermissible benefits. Did you hear the stuff that allegedly was going on at Oklahoma State in the last decade? They were talking about hostesses providing sex to recruits, rampant drug use, money, and a lot more.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was reading about that when it first came to light. It's clear that the NCAA needs to change their policies.