Arguying about wrestling?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright am I the only one here that argues with non-wrestling fans about wrestling being totally fake?

I know that wrestling is fake but these guys get a lot of bumps and bruises on their bodies everytime they step into the ring. Also not everything is fake when it comes to wrestling, but some people love to argue that everything is fake and these guys don't get injured, or dont feel any pain, it's all fake. I cannot stand arguying with these type of people.

How about you guys?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree it's entertainment, but that's not what I am talking about here, I am talking about people who believe that it's totally fake and none of these guys feel anything when they get hit by a chair, slammed through a table, jump 20 feet off a ladder and land on a hard mat in the ring, getting slapped in the chest over 20 times(look at Undertaker's chest after the HBK vs Undertaker match at WM25) I can go on and on listing that a lot of these things and moves are real. But some people just believe it's totally faked, and it makes me mad as a wrestling fan.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I can't stand people making that argument. Though i must admit i have spent the time to argue long and hard with them in defence of wrestling, explaining how the athleticism is real and how some of the choreography is genius. I've managed to turn a few naysayers into casual wrestling fans though, which i'm pretty proud of.

Though a Mick Foley DVD helped greatly in convincing people how real wrestling can be :p

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
It's not a sport or anything.

It's mearly a show involving world class athletes pumped with drugs execute moves on each other for entertainment purposes.

I personally have no interest in wrestling but I can see why some do. It is entertaining.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Wrestlers aren't allowed to take steroids Emo, if they get caught using them(by drug test that the WWE do very often) they'll get suspended without pay.

Very well said Tucker, I totally agree with you. These wrestlers go through so much, if you would watch a few interviews with some of these wrestlers who talk about the long schedule of being in the WWE, you'll realise that it's very tough on them mentaly and physically. It was even tougher for wrestlers in the last 40 years, they were abusing drugs, alcohol, pain killers. You name it, they probably took it.