Arguing children.

snowflake

Registered Member
As i spend alot of time with my nephews, recently they have been arguing and fighting alot. I've tried talking to them, grounding them, taking away the things they enjoy, but with no success of them stopping.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to try and stop them from fighting day in day out :(

Bliss

Sally Twit
Have you tried giving them something to do that they both enjoy? A boardgame for example. I'm sure they'd focus on that and not fight, even if for a short while.

snowflake

Registered Member
Have you tried giving them something to do that they both enjoy? A boardgame for example. I'm sure they'd focus on that and not fight, even if for a short while.

I've tried that Bliss, about 10 minutes into the game they are arguing again. Even been out and bought things for them to do together but it still doesn't work.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Wait for them to grow up. :lol: For some reason some children think arguing is a normal communication process that they do it even if they just simply want a conversation. With my kids, I just check what they're fighting about. Most of the time it concerns a game they're playing. If it's about sharing, I explain it to them. If they just want to harrass each other I warn them that I'll take it away from them if they don't stop. Separating them works too. Give each a different thing to do.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I agree with ysa. Just wait for them to grow up. My sister and I used to argue all the time. Now we're slowly becoming friends. Be ready to wake for it though.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I have found that if you separate them for a while they usually stop it. Some kids argue with each other because they are around each other too much. I did this with my god children and it worked.