Argh! Don't remind me!

Violet_Beauregard

Registered Member
Don't you just hate it when people remind you of stupid things you did YEARS ago?! That happens to me sometimes, usually it's my siblings that do it; but it still pisses me off! Let it go already! The worst thing about is that they like to add their own little twists to it! Look, if I wanted the person to know about the stupid crap I did as a little kid, I'd personally tell him/her!

Does this ever happen to you?
If so, who does it?
How do you feel about it?
Do the blabbers like to add their own little twists or do they stick to the true story?

agata

Registered Member
It happens sometimes when my mom chats with her friends and they start to talk about their children and then they reveal some embarrassing things. I don't know why, but it can be really frustrating even if you hear about something that you did when you were a child. ;) Like eating a toilet paper or something :D (Fortunately not my case :tongue:)
But I don't remember my friends doing this to me. Maybe they will be doing so in 10 or more years ;)

It doesn't bother me when people (family) bring up things from a very long time ago, like events that I can't even remember myself. That doesn't embarrass me at all. It's when family and friends remind me of incidents in the past that I'm trying hard to forget. To take just one example; when I got really really drunk (probably the worse I've ever been - true horror story) at my nan and grandad's golden wedding anniversary by accident. That was a little over a year ago and I get reminded of it STILL to this day, when there's a family gathering (which is pretty often).

Though, I do quite a lot of dumb stuff so I can only expect it to haunt me. :lol:

Violet Beauregard? What stupid stuff could you have done besides the Chocolate Factory thing? Well, it sounds like whats happening to you is whats happening to me when I go to my Nazi youth meetings and someone brings up the Holocaust... It is very annoying and EVERYONE adds their own twist to it.

Well all jokes aside, the things I did as a kid did haunt me up until high school. Then I realized that all the mistakes I made in my life that made the wonderful person I am today. If you love yourself, you should love your mistakes!

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
One incident in particular. When I was 15, I accidently drank a bottle of Jim Beam straight. I'm pretty sure there's about 20 standard drinks in a bottle and I drank the whole thing ... so you can imagine how drunk I got. Wasn't my best to say the least, and I STILL get reminded of it. Four years later.

And yeah, particular guys that I've been with that I don't want to be reminded about, but people like to mention it because they think it's funny to talk about things that make others want to vomit.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
One incident in particular. When I was 15, I accidently drank a bottle of Jim Beam straight. I'm pretty sure there's about 20 standard drinks in a bottle and I drank the whole thing ... so you can imagine how drunk I got. Wasn't my best to say the least, and I STILL get reminded of it. Four years later.
How do you accidentally drink an entire bottle of Jim Beam?

Anyway, to the OP. I'm usually the one reminding people of the stupid shit they've done. Especially my siblings. I don't really do things that are embarrassing, or get embarrassed by the stupid things I've done, so it isn't any fun for people bringing up my past stupid mistakes.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
How do you accidentally drink an entire bottle of Jim Beam?

Anyway, to the OP. I'm usually the one reminding people of the stupid shit they've done. Especially my siblings. I don't really do things that are embarrassing, or get embarrassed by the stupid things I've done, so it isn't any fun for people bringing up my past stupid mistakes.
Easily. You're 15 and you don't know your limit. And then you're too drunk to realise what you're doing. That's how.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
There's this one incident when I was a young girl where my brothers accused me of taking one of their action men (the white one, Snow Storm, I think it was called) anyway, I never did take it, yet they are convinced (to this day, assuming they still remember) that I did. And every time they used to mention this incident I'd get frustrated at the false accusation.

Any other true incidents that are mentioned from my childhood, doesn't disturb me in the least, I actually find them amusing and funny.

Dekzper

Registered Member
My parents, my uncle, and my brothers! It's total embarass and I wish they'd stop! Wow, MilosIsYum! I did the 15 thing last year with tequila dad left out! Never do tequila. Got real sick! But its not just the brains-off stuff. I just wish they wouldnt talk about me Period!

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
All of us [older brothers] are seperated by states or distance, so we mostly talk online and what not. But when we get together, it's a party just hanging out and talking about past things we use to joke about or do when we were growing up. The good times and the bad, I dont hate it when it comes to family members.

Friends and other aquaintences though, it depends on if it was something I wanna remember or not, haha.

~Shwa