Arenas Strains Groin, Won't Play In World Championships

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
SI.com - During a Monday practice, Gilbert Arenas strained his groin and therefore won't play for the United States at the world championships.

"We know Gilbert is really disappointed,'' team managing director Jerry Colangelo said. "He's done a great job. "It's an unfortunate situation, but he is not going to be able to continue on.''

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rains_groin_wont_play_in_world_championships/

G

Gustavo

This is just too bad but I dont think he would have made the team anyways. Can you beleive this guy's age though?

G

Gustavo

Well, if you knew Gilbert Arenas personality, he is not that kind of person.

Im sure your just jokin'

S

shawnesty23

no im not jsut jokin, its obvivous and all over the internet. think about it they told him hed get cut and told him to come up with an excuse so he wont be embarassed. a groin pull would hardly make u out the worlds and isnt really able to be tested

G

Gustavo

Well, from what I know of Arenas, his not like this. This is not why he is an NBA player. He got where he was with hard work, and something like this which you mentioned, I just dont beleive it. Why would he do this? To prove that he is a great player that should have made the team?

I chose what to believe, especially on the Internet.

S

shawnesty23

i think the coaches told him he would be cut or he is hurt but it isnt bad enough to miss the whole games but he chose to ratehr than be cut. he knew he would be cut face it

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally don't think he won't be embarassed of being cut because he knows there's a lot of talent on that team, and it's very hard to make a team like this. I really doubt he faked an injury so people don't laugh at him or something when he gets cut.

S

shawnesty23

u gotta admit its pretty strange that he is gonna get cut and he is now pulling out from a lil pulled groin

T

Tracy McGrady

shawnesty23 said:
u gotta admit its pretty strange that he is gonna get cut and he is now pulling out from a lil pulled groin
I think you just have something against Gilbert Arenas but thats just my opinion. Go and get your groin pulled and see if you can even walk straight.