Are you whipped?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Millz, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Whether you are a male or a female...do you consider yourself whipped by your significant other?

Or have you been in the past?

Is there any season for it...or do you consider yourself the one who's always in control?

Lastly, is there anything wrong with being whipped?

2. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Am I whipped...yes.

Have I been whipped in the past...no.

I'm used to being the one in control...but that's just not going to work in my current relationship.

Lastly, I dont think there's anything wrong with being whipped

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well i'm currently single so I am definitely not whipped, but I have been in the past to a certain extent, but he was whipped too...I had him well trained :nod:

I don't think there is anything wrong with being whipped as long as it works both ways and isn't to the extreme. When it's all one sided, or to the point where one person in the relationship can't have a life, then it's wrong.

Konshentz likes this.
  4. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

Change that to a male version and call it mine :lol:

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm pretty much in agreement with Impact. While I'm also not in a relationship at this time, I have a feeling I would become whipped and probably even go as far as saying "Yes, ma'am.", "No, ma'am." to her. Weird. I always saw me manning up and being the strong, control taking person in the relationship. But, in actuality I would just go with the flow and do whatever she wants.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

While I am single, I am whipped now. by my friends. I love them lol the really close ones at least. they would do anything for me just like i would do anything for them.

as far as relationships, i agree with what lauren said.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

The first gf where sex was involved yes I can admit I was p-whipped for a litltle, but that was freshman year of HS, and then she cheated on me which snapped me out of it. Been immune ever since.

8. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I've never been whipped in any of the relationships I've been... Though I could've been at the time. The closest scenario I've been in that could vaguely qualify to being whipped was when I was in a relationship in my last year in high school. The girl I was seeing was always depressed due to family and self-esteem issues. She kept relying on me to make her feel better and to be her source of happiness and I just couldn't do that. It indeliberately pulled me away from friends, family and priorities I had and by the time college began I was out of it.

Today there is far less of a possibility of that happening or becoming whipped in the traditional sense... or the literal sense.

Matriqulated likes this.
  9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'm not whipped and I never have been. Each of us have love and respect for one another.

Matriqulated likes this.
  10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Controlling isn't good in relationships - whether you're the one doing it or the one being controlled. There are times where I would find I compromise more than my partner or time when he does it more. It depends on which aspect of the relationship we're talking about. But if it's a constant and one sided-thing, like what I imagine "whipped" means, then it's unhealthy.