Are you surprised at anyones join date?

Have you ever been surprised by someones join date or post count compaired to join date??

Do you tend to think people have been around longer or shorter then they have been?

I'm gonna toss this out here. Lately i've noticed that some of my favorite members that are vastly popular here like ysa, and bliss mainly, are actually pretty new. They're newer then me in fact.

I guess i'm a bad judge of that sort of thing because I was also surprised that vince has been here since 2006. While I didn't think he was new I guess I thought he was newer then that.

Discuss

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not really. I tend to remember when people joined so unless it's somebody who joined several years ago and JUST made their first post today or something I'm not really surprised when I see join dates.

With this forum I can't offer an opinion but on other forums I visit of course I'm surprised, in fact I tend to notice that some people who sign on to a forum happened to either be suspended or banned from another, even in the same day too.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not really. I tend to remember when people joined so unless it's somebody who joined several years ago and JUST made their first post today or something I'm not really surprised when I see join dates.
Same here. When I see someone who I thought was a newbie because the person had 1-3 posts (recently) then I get surprised when I see that the join date was from several months or years ago.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I was actually surprised to find out Tucker and ysabel's join dates.

I thought ysabel had been around for more than a year and I didn't expect Tucker to be so new to the forum either. I thought he had been around for nearly a year.
I can't think of anyone else that I was surprised at just now.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't even pay much attention to join dates. I've been around for a long time so I can usually remember about how long someone has been a member. If they were originally from FC then I assume they were members there for at least a year or two.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Same here. When I see someone who I thought was a newbie because the person had 1-3 posts (recently) then I get surprised when I see that the join date was from several months or years ago.

I've come to learn that the people that do that tend to be striving for 25 posts... and usually end up never posting again :hah:

~~~~

I see where you're coming from, I love contrasting join dates with post counts. I think it has alot of show with how active the forum and its members really are. GF is still fresh in the sense that there arent many active members that would be considered Hall of Famers. So to be honest getting a feel for whats normal and whats not isnt the easiest task here.

So basically the way I've done it thus far is compare people to me. When I see people that have vastly more posts than I do and then notice they have a younger join date, it does sorta surprise me. I like to think I'm a pretty active member and among the upper portion of the posting curve. So its a little surprising to see members who seem to know their stuff about the site and have a decent post count to boot. But then again there are also the members who have been around for ages, pre-gf days, that just dont have a ton of posts. Those ones are a little surprising to spot every once in a while to.

The really goofy ones are the revival members that come back from the far far pre-gf days, they make one post and I'd never seen them before but yet they've got 3-4,000 posts.

I was actually surprised to find out Tucker and ysabel's join dates.

I thought ysabel had been around for more than a year and I didn't expect Tucker to be so new to the forum either. I thought he had been around for nearly a year.
Yeah it's them two for me aswell.

Also I was positive I joined in October until I voted on the poll and later realised it was actually September. I know it's only 1 months difference but just sayin' :lol:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I (vaguely) remember when Tucker joined, but since Ysabel joined before I did, and already had eighty million posts, I just assumed she'd been around since the dinosaurs.